Help with nv4500 slave cylinder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I’ve scoured the internet trying to find info on this slave cylinder situation I’m in and I can’t find anything. I’m turning to you guys for help. I have a 1993 nv4500 with the factory bellhousing, I’m adapting this to a 5.3. I need to know what to do about a slave cylinder line from a Toyota master cylinder to he factory GM slave cylinder. Any info is much appreciated

How you going to get the piston dynamics of a Landcruiser clutch master cylinder to work with the piston dynamics of a GM slave cylinder???

advance adapters has a bracket that you can use on some nv4500 bell housings that will let you use the landcruiser slave with it. they might have something that will work for you but you might need to change what slave you’re using

i guess you can look elsewhere then. i’m not sure what pissed you off about my answer. the reality is that the two cylinders may not work together so i offered another solution. i have an nv4500 that i’m using a landcruiser slave on and it seems to do the trick. might just be easier than combining two products that weren’t designed to work together. but hey i’m no expert just speaking from experience. good luck finding your answer

I think this s***hole forum is trying to figure out why you want to use a GM slave cylinder with a Toyota clutch master cylinder?????

I'm using a Toyota slave cylinder also, but I think the OP wants to use the Chevy internal slave cylinder. It's too bad he pussed out before getting the information he needs.

Greetings @spotcruiser @SMG @franklin40
I'm in the middle of a cummins/nv4500 swap in a 96' lx450. I ran across this thread and wanted to see how others have adapter their toyota slave cylinder to the nv4500 bellhousing. I'm running a dodge clutch and bellhousing. I'm adding some photos of the bracket I built with scraps as a test. I would love any advise and photos of your adapters.

I appreciate any follow up that can be provided!!

2023-08-19 13.43.05.jpg
2023-08-19 13.43.34.jpg
2023-08-19 13.48.31.jpg
2023-08-19 13.49.21.jpg
2023-08-19 13.49.36.jpg

My favorite gunsmith and the guy I got my 72 from - "If you have a hammer and a torch it has to fit"

Bore and stroke needs to work on both ends of hydraulic stuff, bell cranks can change direction or the throw.

With 3d printing and lost PLA casting, aluminum brackets could be done at home. Cast iron takes a lot more heat.

Kluge IMHO is an acceptable means to get to a working solution. Before computers there was cardboard and modeling clay.

After asking for direction some folks choose to walk threw the wall rather than use the door to get there. I suspect those same folks could ruin an anvil with a rubber mallet.

Can't really provide a lot of information about external slave units. When I converted to a NV4500 I chose to go internal slave/throw out bearing. Most indicated that factory clutch master would not push enough fluid to get full travel on the internal slave. I went with an early brake master with the same mounting flange that has a larger cylinder. It had the necessary volume I needed for the internal slave.

You're going to need to determine how much travel is needed with an external slave unit you are dealing with. If the factory master is not providing enough movement than a different master may be required.

I can't help either. I used an AA Vortec to NV4500 bellhousing, with a stock clutch slave cylinder and throw-out arm. Sorry.

Greetings @spotcruiser @SMG @franklin40
I'm in the middle of a cummins/nv4500 swap in a 96' lx450. I ran across this thread and wanted to see how others have adapter their toyota slave cylinder to the nv4500 bellhousing. I'm running a dodge clutch and bellhousing. I'm adding some photos of the bracket I built with scraps as a test. I would love any advise and photos of your adapters.

I appreciate any follow up that can be provided!!

View attachment 3405560View attachment 3405561View attachment 3405562View attachment 3405563View attachment 3405564

That looks like the 80 series slave cylinder which is a lot different mounting shape the the 40 master cylinder.

I would recommend using the Dodge internal slave cyl with your setup. They have the best pedal feel IMO

That looks like the 80 series slave cylinder which is a lot different mounting shape the the 40 master cylinder.

I would recommend using the Dodge internal slave cyl with your setup. They have the best pedal feel IMO
Yes sir! It’s an 80 series slave and master cylinder that I’m playing with right now. Thank you for the advise. I’ll look into the dodge internal slave.

Yes sir! It’s an 80 series slave and master cylinder that I’m playing with right now. Thank you for the advise. I’ll look into the dodge internal slave.

You’ll need to change out the front retainer on the transmission ($35 ish for a new one), and track down some 3an or 4an adapters for the Toyota MC and Dodge release bearing.

Id also recommend making a 1/8” shim and putting it between the release bearing and front bearing retainer.

You’ll need to change out the front retainer on the transmission ($35 ish for a new one), and track down some 3an or 4an adapters for the Toyota MC and Dodge release bearing.

Id also recommend making a 1/8” shim and putting it between the release bearing and front bearing retainer.
Thank you. What year did they use the internal slave on the dodge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom