Hello neighbors!!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally get to play with y'all. It's Kyte bye the way

Posted via IH8MUD app

Welcome to the madness bro!!! You've been riding in Cruisers for years, now it's time to be driving one. Can't wait to see it on the trail.:flipoff2::cheers:

s*** I gotta get it looking like it didn't just pull out the car lot 1st, before I can even think about hitting the trails

Posted via IH8MUD app

What would y'all recommend as the 1st hop up (sorry that's what we call modifications in the R/C world) for my rig. Keep in mind I'm balling on a budget :)

Posted via IH8MUD app

A lift is gonna run anywhere from $800-$3000.... Spring spacers are gonna run abt $100 for 4 of them. Your tires are good (Yokohama's). If you go with spacers, down the road when you get a lift you can still use them. It's a good way to get the truck up a bit and be pretty cheap $ in the process.

Oh lord I have opened up a can of worms by buying this rig. Honey, where's my tools?!?!?!?!???

Posted via IH8MUD app

Might want to ask Santa for some metric wrenches and sockets!!

Ok.....in what order from beginning to end, what mods should be done 1st??? Mind you, I'm only wanting a modest trail rig....Lift/tires/bumpers/sliders/wheels etc...And in what order????

Posted via IH8MUD app

Protection 1rst, meaning sliders. Mild lift (spacers like Rance said). Bumpers. And you will find tons of small things you want to do in between.

97 4runner
86 4runner
STLCA
APPALACHIA CRUISERS

Ok.....in what order from beginning to end, what mods should be done 1st??? Mind you, I'm only wanting a modest trail rig....Lift/tires/bumpers/sliders/wheels etc...And in what order????

Posted via IH8MUD app

Having just bought an LX450 last summer, the first thing I would do is baseline it (maintenance). No need to go crazy (like a lot of the MUD regulars seem to recommend) but I would change all the belts and fluids, check out the brakes, see what the PHH looks like and then maybe ascertain what the front axle looks like (i.e. if there is liquid moly grease leaking out the back side I would do a front axle service). Plus anything else that looks suspect.

Having said all of that, I did the brakes, fluids and PHH and then put a lift on mine. ;) Probably next for me is sliders, but I would also like to get the spare out from under the rear, but that appears to be big $$ if you go the bumper/swing-out route.

Welcome to the madness.

Thanks y'all....gives me somethin to work towards. I've been playing/racing RC cars and trucks for years now (which in all honesty can be surprisingly expensive as well). IronClad my LX450 is the exact same two colors as yours. Black & Dark Grey, so I'm gonna try to keep from looking like your twin brother on the trails :) With that said, looks like spring spacers will be my 1st add on and while in the process of that I'll be taking off those hideous running boards and mud flaps. Dam you Rance!!!!!!!

Posted via IH8MUD app

My 450 is actually a really dark green (I believe "Dark Emerald Green" is the official color). It is so dark that it looks black unless it is in bright sunlight.

One thing that would be fun to do ("fun" being a relative term) is to measure your ride height and see where you are right now. Mine appeared to be sitting pretty low. I've got all the numbers at home, but my 50mm TJM kit (2") actually netted me 3" of lift. I suspect that is because it was a little low to begin with. 285s still fit fine.

Anyway, long story short, it would be good to know where you're at right now just for the fun of it. In front I was about 19.5" from the axle hub center to the fender lip and now I'm 22.5". The rear was about 19.75" and it is now 23.0".

Sweet!!!! Hopefully the weather will cooperate with me this weekend and I can at least get the running boards/mud flaps/spare tire off. Thanks for the little tidbit, that will be interesting, if nothing else for my own personal knowledge. ...

Posted via IH8MUD app

I would spray all the bolts with PB BLASTER a couple times before you get ready to take them off.

Don't go overboard like me. Keep it simple and wheel it. Like others have said, do some spacers and some body protection. Wheel it a couple of times and then decide from there what needs to be done.

Hey man,

Welcome to the Madness. As others have said the 80/450 are awesome out of the box. Having said that, as far as the first mod I would recommend, I will second Jason on the sliders. The 80 is long and has a pretty crazy breakover angle and I wheeled for a couple of years with no rocker protection and I will say that once I had my White Knuckles bolted on I felt much more confident on the trail.

There are a ton out there at varying price points. Some have had good luck with the TG tube style, but in my opinion John makes the best bang for the buck slider on the market. Corey has a set on his 80 as well and I think he will second me on the quality.

Then a set of pucs and a set of 315s (when the yokos wear out) will bolt right on there and you will be ready to crawl.

Good luck, oh and pictures or it didn't happen.

Corey has a set on his 80 as well and I think he will second me on the quality.
Yes- for the $$$ you can't beat them. I wish they stuck out just a bit further. Overall I'm very pleased with them. You gonna rip them flares off or let the trail do it?

I will be heading down to the Peninsula after work to take a few pics of the 450 after work today :)

Posted via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom