Headliner insulation adhesive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know the exact adhesive that is used on the headliner insulation?

no, but it takes a 12,000 RPM wire brush or grinder to get it off. That stuff is HARD

Lol yup that will do it. I'm trying to avoid scratching the metal to prevent any corrosion. Maybe I'll try a heat gun and nonmetallic scraper. MEK will most likely soften up the glue, but damn I hate that s***. I pulled the liner to prep for the body shop. The roof is gonna get monstaliner in the appropriate tan. The floor is getting "brown eyed girl". I'm hoping it turns out nice. Gonna have it sprayed.

Keep us posted if you find something that gets it off.
Also be sure to post pics of the finished interior!

Same as with the factory sound deadener on the floor, you're just creating more work for yourself trying to get it all off. Monstaliner will stick to it and cover all of it just fine as long as you prep it correctly. Sand it down as much as possible and give the edges a little more attention and you'll be good to go.

Same as with the factory sound deadener on the floor, you're just creating more work for yourself trying to get it all off. Monstaliner will stick to it and cover all of it just fine as long as you prep it correctly. Sand it down as much as possible and give the edges a little more attention and you'll be good to go.

This is good advice. I wish I had never torn into the floor mat removal project. I should have just put fresh carpet down.

my factory sound deadener came off quick and easy. Took about 3 hours total.

the Key: DRY Ice to make it brittle and a rubber hammer to make it jump off the floor

dougbert

Yup watched several videos.
Adhesive is coming off with a nonmetallic scraper and some sweat. Oh a few cold keystones of course.

The sound deadener on the floor and such is easy, albeit time consuming. The crap on the ceiling however will laugh at you out loud if you approach it with a non-metallic scraper, or at least on mine.

After trying a heat gun, 7" grinder with Al's liner brush, a Sonicrafter with a scraper blade, putty knives, chisels, and damn near anything else within reach the only thing that made a dent was a 4" grinder and a wire wheel. Still did't work all that well, and I stopped because I didn't want to boil the paint off the roof from the blistering heat that resulted.

No the factory headliner and insulation will not be used. I'm spraying monstaliner throughout the entire interior. On the floors will be brown and on the roof will be the tan.

Maybe I got lucky with mine but the adhesive up top isn't as bad as I had thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom