headlight relay kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1973 fj40 and I have the roundeyes 4h headlights and want to run a relay harness. I find several different ones online for $20 to $25. Most say dont use with toyota. Why is that? I found one at TPI4x4 for $85 but would like to spend less.

Thanks for the response. Think I will do my own. Still curious why most of the harness I find say " DO NOT USE ON TOYOTA" Does toyota have a non standard electrical system?????

I also have the 4H Roundeyes and made my own harness for less than twenty in parts. Just make sure you upgrade to the ceramic recepticle that hook to the headlamps. I used 10 gauge GLX for my main power feed which was more than plenty, but I wanted to compensate for hot west coast and engine bay temps, resistance, etc. Just hooked into my relays using the drivers side original harness coming from switch on dash. Was very easy and the results are wild now at night!

Cheers and good luck

I upgraded my wiring, but instead of using a harness i just added an additional fuse/relay box from a 4runner and wired it up myself. It's a little more work and I had to do some rewiring but at least now you have additional relays and fuses for other things.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/367268-additional-circuits.html

The reason they might say not to use on toyota is because I think the Toyota's (at least the newer ones) used a switched ground system instead of the normal way of wiring the headlights. At least that's what I remember from studying the wiring diagram for the 4runner. I just remember i had to go in to the fusebox and rewire a few things, but I can't remember what they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom