Ham radio programming software (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, finally broke down and bought the software for my Yaesu 7900. If you are trying to program your radio manually, you may want to make the investment of programming software. Armed with the internet, the latest Repeater Directory, and my laptop, I was able to reprogram my radio in about an hour and that included uploading to the radio.

It's actually pretty great. Looks like a spreadsheet and has a lot of pre-loaded "stuff" in it. Very easy to use. Really the hardest part was finding the programming connection on the radio which varies with every one. Since my radio is under the drivers' seat it's not really easy to access. AFAIK handhelds use the external mic connector, my 7900 has a dedicated port on the main radio.

IMG_4898_zpsm5fmiz4w.jpg
7900%20screen%20shot_zpsdhbulvsf.jpg

Unfortunately, every radio model needs dedicated software. At $79 each it's not cheap, but for easy and quick programming/reprogramming there's nothing like it.

As a help to any club members that have a 7900 and would like to use this let me know and we can meet up. Being in IT, I'm not a fan of giving anyone a copy of the software but I can help get your radio programmed. I bought the software at Ham Radio Outlet, came with a CD, instructions, and a data cable (USB to radio).

Does CHIRP not work on the Yaesu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom