got seatbelts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

polarweasel

Where's mah cruzah?
Threads
Website
polarweasel.org
Hey all, I need a pair of seatbelts for my BJ42... belts from a late-model 40 (or probably any 60 series) should work. Need the belts, and would like the bolts, and here's the kicker.

I need a NUT for one of the belts. The welded-on one on my roll bar broke off sometime in the distant past, and the PO replaced the bolt and nut with something weaker and annoying. I'd like to find a proper (11mm, I think?) fine-thread nut.

Anybody? I'd love to pick this up at the meeting on Thursday if I can, so I can carry a passenger again. :doh:

Hey all, I need a pair of seatbelts for my BJ42... belts from a late-model 40 (or probably any 60 series) should work. Need the belts, and would like the bolts, and here's the kicker.

I need a NUT for one of the belts. The welded-on one on my roll bar broke off sometime in the distant past, and the PO replaced the bolt and nut with something weaker and annoying. I'd like to find a proper (11mm, I think?) fine-thread nut.

Anybody? I'd love to pick this up at the meeting on Thursday if I can, so I can carry a passenger again. :doh:

Just go to a hardware store, I'm sure they are like dirt cheap. Have Frank bring his ready welder and we'll get it all buttoned up at the meeting.

:D

11mm x 1.25 is a bit tough to find. I think 7/16"-20 is a direct replacement, though, which does seem easier to find... Mebbe I'll get lucky at Lowe's at lunch...

Other than the obvious that it's only held on through the magic of jamming it on with an impact wrench, not much... ;)

I got a couple of 7/16"-20 nuts at McGuckin's yesterday, so I'm good to go. Now I just need some decent belts!

Doesn't actually fit quite right... The bit of the retractor frame that sticks out and makes it tilt (and thus lock really easily! Dawn's been loving that!) is structural, so I don't want to remove it. Hence, finding Toyota ones. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom