Gossamer- '87 FJ60 aka "The Red Monster" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, trying to get Mike's bumper shipped, but the scandalous freight companies are working my last nerve right now. Trying to get the black on and dealing with the freight has been trying to say the least today.

I only have one more coat and about 2 hours to wait...

For everyone's information. Until we move to a more CIVILIZED AREA... I WILL NOT... I REPEAT, NOT....build another 1/4 panel bumper for any cruiser... unless the customer is meeting me or picking it up at my shop...

J

Some pics. 3rd coat to go and then strip strip the tape and paper off.

J

P1050617.JPG
P1050625.JPG
P1050627.JPG
P1050629.JPG
P1050632.JPG

Well with the heater on in the shop the ML is drying much faster.. 3rd coat is down and all tape and paper is off....

I'l pretty happy with the results. The red is a little darker than I was hoping for, but the red carpet and vinyl goes pretty well with it.

J

P1050649.JPG
P1050640.JPG
P1050638.JPG
P1050639.JPG
P1050646.JPG

Oh, that turned out really good, cool with that black on the hood!!

Thanks TLC, I am glad its done and down... now I need to black out all the chrome and get everything installed. Finish my bumpers, roof rack and sliders, paint them, AND then on to the interior.... And then the trailer and then the.... the list never ENDS!

Interior To Do LIST!

1) dye the headliner and sun visors black
2) new seat belts
3) paint all the interior panels and vinyl black
4) build new door cards and cover them in red and black marine vinyl
5) install carpet
6) put the Wet Okole covers on the seats F&R (thanks Danny and Alexis)
7) figure out the ignition key and wiring hack-up back to the OEM harness (MAYBE SpeedHut gauges???)
8) stereo, amp and speaker install
9) build shorty cargo storage box
10) install slider cargo bars and hooks
11) build doggy barrier
12) build headliner net and fishing pole holder...

I probably missed a few items... HA!

Like I said... lot of work to do!

J

Thanks TLC, I am glad its done and down... now I need to black out all the chrome and get everything installed. Finish my bumpers, roof rack and sliders, paint them, AND then on to the interior.... And then the trailer and then the.... the list never ENDS!

Interior To Do LIST!

1) dye the headliner and sun visors black
2) new seat belts
3) paint all the interior panels and vinyl black
4) build new door cards and cover them in red and black marine vinyl
5) install carpet
6) put the Wet Okole covers on the seats F&R (thanks Danny and Alexis)
7) figure out the ignition key and wiring hack-up back to the OEM harness (MAYBE SpeedHut gauges???)
8) stereo, amp and speaker install
9) build shorty cargo storage box
10) install slider cargo bars and hooks
11) build doggy barrier
12) build headliner net and fishing pole holder...

I probably missed a few items... HA!

Like I said... lot of work to do!

J

Have you got a soft copy .pdf for the 4bt (it is a 4bt, right?) electrical wiring/diagram, J? If so, throw it up here...I'd be interested in taking a look at it...in case you get stuck and need to confused even further...

I poked around on the Googles but didn't find anything...

Have you got a soft copy .pdf for the 4bt (it is a 4bt, right?) electrical wiring/diagram, J? If so, throw it up here...I'd be interested in taking a look at it...in case you get stuck and need to confused even further...

I poked around on the Googles but didn't find anything...

The 4BT is a simple motor to wire... My issue is tracing all the hack/bypass wiring the PO did... I'm trying to get it back into the OEM harness so I can at least use the key to start and stop the engine with the KEY instead of a toggle switch and a push button.

If you or anyone can give me what color wire off the OEM ignition switch goes to what component I would be days ahead and very thankful.

J

The 4BT is a simple motor to wire... My issue is tracing all the hack/bypass wiring the PO did... I'm trying to get it back into the OEM harness so I can at least use the key to start and stop the engine with the KEY instead of a toggle switch and a push button.

If you or anyone can give me what color wire off the OEM ignition switch goes to what component I would be days ahead and very thankful.

J

Goss is a USA FJ60, right? What year?

EDIT: Ooops. Just noticed...it's an '87...

Let's see...here is the key for the Wiring Color Code Body Electrical_page 13-2 in 1980-chassis-body FSM:

Wiring Color Code Body Electrical_page 13-2 in 1980-chassis-body FSM.jpg

Last edited:
Below are the Starter and Ignition Switch Locations and Ignition Switch Circuit Diagram.

For instructions on access/removal of the Ignition Switch, see page 13-20 in the Body Electrical section of the 1980 chassis-body FSM.

Starter and Ignition Switches in 1980 Chassis-body FSM.jpg

Ignition Switch Circuit Diagram_FJ60_USA_1980 chassis-body FSM.jpg

...and for reference for anyone else who might want to chime in with suggestions, here is the wiring diagram for the FJ60 USA model (I cut it in two so the resolution is hopefully good enough to be able to read it...).

I'll take a closer look at it and see if I can come up with something insightful to say about it that might help you...

Wiring Diagram_FJ60 USA_2 1980 chassis-body FSM .jpg

Wiring Diagram_FJ60 USA_1 1980 chassis-body FSM .jpg

dang, the more i look at your rig the more i fall in love with it. I ahve the same idea, but with normal paint. I might just end up copying you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom