Good Water-Proof Cold Weather Gloves? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JJS

Threads
I need to buy some gloves for icefishing that will allow me to actually work with my fingers. These really need to be relatively thin so I can wear them while tying hooks, baiting, etc. My hands dry out badly in cold weather, and setting traps in freezing water puts me in serious pain on account of this. Could someone recommend me some? I'm not too sensitive to price as I'm not going to quit fishing. Thanks.

I found these are a little thick
Sheels

I use 782BK Glacier gloves.

782BK

Do you like the 782BK's? Can you actually use your hands with them on, and do they stay warm for several hours? I'm usually out for the entire day. Thanks for the input.

get some cheap neoprene gloves. Fancy brand name gloves are made out of the same stuff that cheap ones are. I think Gore-Tex is the ONLY "special" fabric. neoprene, cordura, etc... all the same s***.

The gloves I've been wearing are Hot Shots. They're some neoprene winter hunting glove. They work okay but I can't do anything while wearing them. I may try those Glaciers for the hell of it. If they suck, I'm out $30.

in surveying, you have to press tiny little buttons. We take a regular gloves, usually neoprene and cut a slit in the finger you want to use. Just poke out your finger when you want to use it.

This sounds crazy but works.Cheap plastic food handling gloves over cheap cotton yard gloves. mIKE

Sorry reverse the order of gloves.plasic on first ,cotton second.

As usual, I dont mean to sound like an advertisement.. But you just cant beat SealSkinz line of gloves.

KJ751.jpg

They offer a waterproof, breathable glove for virtually any activity.

the sealskinz.com on-line shop

I`ve been using their products for several years, and I`ve always been
impressed with the performance and durability .

I used the classic rag wool cloves made with no finger tips when I fished Pyramid for cutthroat.

For mountaineering, we use a modular system: Inner glove can be skin tight and be like any of the ones mentioned above. I've heard the sealskins are excellent for wet applications. Outer glove for warmth.

The outer glove (or better yet, primaloft filled mitten) is teathered to my wrist so I just drop the glove off my hand and it dangled from the teather while I tie knots or open a knife or whatever with only the liner glove on. Then my hand goes right back into the outer glove.

The glacier gloves I bought at Sportsmans Warehouse for $13

For mountaineering, we use a modular system: Inner glove can be skin tight and be like any of the ones mentioned above. I've heard the sealskins are excellent for wet applications. Outer glove for warmth.

The outer glove (or better yet, primaloft filled mitten) is teathered to my wrist so I just drop the glove off my hand and it dangled from the teather while I tie knots or open a knife or whatever with only the liner glove on. Then my hand goes right back into the outer glove.
X2 This is what I do at the farm if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom