Gonna get an upgrade,up grade, upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I went out today & picked up my dual case set up for the 4runner. I'm very happy :grinpimp:!!
I was able to buy back the dual cases I built for the old red 60 I had. Was kinda nostalgic seein the old red rig. But I left with the set up I built, hardly used & installed a twin stick on.

Also, I will have the 36" TSLs I'm getting from Mark!
My rig & I are very happy.

I will be putting in a new clutch when I install the doubler, a Marlin HD unit I bought for my old white mini truck & never installed.

Also if I can piece together the Hi-Steer parts I can do my SAS, but that part is yet to be determined.

I will be so ready to wheel again, it's not even funny!!

Ok, thanks for listening to me be excited

(This is where you will all want to volunteer to come help me work on the 4runner now. You are all so kind to think of me!)

Next.........a trailer.

Nope, next......another bad ass rig. Then.....the trailer. Now that someone upgraded to the sweet enclosed condo, there might be a nice metal decked car hauler gathering dust somewhere.

Nope, next......another bad ass rig. Then.....the trailer. Now that someone upgraded to the sweet enclosed condo, there might be a nice metal decked car hauler gathering dust somewhere.

Nope, sold it.

Badass!

Can't wait!

Also if I can piece together the Hi-Steer parts I can do my SAS, but that part is yet to be determined.

I pulled my high steer arms out yesterday if you still want them. I'll text you some pics.

Awesome, thanks for the pics. I want them.

Last year my wife bought me new wheels for my D.D.

Wonder if I can get her to buy me some links & ends for my steering this year??..!!??

I got a bunch of cruiser ends. Do they have the same tapers?

I dunno, but the high steer stuff is all fj80....

The more I think about it. I will stick with the original plan of piecing it together as I go. If I spend all my Christmas $$ on Hi-Steer, I still will need too many other parts before I can move forward. Things like the spring mount, sleeves & jigs, shock towers (or hoops), wheel spacers, front brake parts, front axle rebuild kit, U-bolt flip, brake lines & prolly other stuff.

But If I get other stuff I can use right away, I think I will like it better.
I need a Hi-Lift. I want a winch. Give me enough time on some web sites & I bet I can think of some other stuff.

The more I think about it. I will stick with the original plan of piecing it together as I go. If I spend all my Christmas $$ on Hi-Steer, I still will need too many other parts before I can move forward. Things like the spring mount, sleeves & jigs, shock towers (or hoops), wheel spacers, front brake parts, front axle rebuild kit, U-bolt flip, brake lines & prolly other stuff.

But If I get other stuff I can use right away, I think I will like it better.
I need a Hi-Lift. I want a winch. Give me enough time on some web sites & I bet I can think of some other stuff.

I have a set of jigs you can borrow.

That's cool. I dunno if I can buy just sleeves, I'll have to check.
I can use the brake stuff off my IFS front end, that's an upgrade to vented rotors.
I can still make a drive shaft that will work for SAS & use it on my IFS until I can make the switch.
I would very much like to have all the parts on hand prior to starting.

Got my "new to me" wheels & tires today & put them on & it looks great!!!

More ground clearance.

Got some trimming to do.

Waiting on the new flywheel, clutch kit, seals, shifter bushing & t-case mounts.
Then I can put it back together & start making cross member, drive shafts & finding a spot for my spare.

And fixing my passenger seat.

tonyota said:
And fixing my passenger seat.

I thought the ratchet strap worked just fine.

I think I figured out a way to make it work without replacing the seat. We'll see.

With the 5" of snow we got on Wednesday & the 7" we've gotten so far today, I'm really enjoyin the snow here!. Too damn bad my rig is sitting with no clutch in it .

But I did get to go out into the woods & shoot my Christmas present from the wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom