GlueTread??? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stepmurr

Lookin' fer the end of that old white line
SILVER Star
Threads
Looks too good to be true - anyone used this before?

With this obviously truthful, well-written, and definitely not coerced testimonial, I can imagine only positive customer experiences!

Screenshot_20230324-050446.jpg

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near someone with "gluetreads", and yes, I get that it's an emergency trail fix. If its too good to be true,...

Well, seeing as I carry two spares on the Taco and am much more careful with the FJ40 tyres I might skip this product for now . . . 😿

Looks too good to be true - anyone used this before?

I have found the 4-Wheel-Parts tire warranty to nicely take care of sidewall problems

I have found the 4-Wheel-Parts tire warranty to nicely take care of sidewall problems
Yeah, but you have to bring the sliced tyre to 4-Wheel-Parts - they won't get you home off the trail after your second flat (unless they have a trail recovery program I haven't heard about :geek:)

I've sliced three sidewalls on the Taco in the last 16 years. Discount has replaced every one with no questions asked.

The interesting thing about this product is it's claimed speed in repair - might be faster to patch than to jack up the truck & put the spare tyre on.

They don't claim this is a permanent fix and specifically say "For off road use only". I wish someone would plunk down the 60 bucks and try it out for me - otherwise I'm gonna have to buy a kit before Moab this year.

Too enticing . . .

These guys fix some big damage. Will not work below 60°.

Seems like cheap insurance to get out of a bad situation.

I did this on one of the bigger 'challenge' sections on a run to Crown King (AZ) once. (The back way from the lake.) First time out in new-to-me truck, just learning about the unfamiliar geometry. I'm more familiar now.

Not sure there's a patch for that.

1680190337397.png
1680191273163.png

Has anyone tried this? I'm surprised no one on this forum has given it a shot
Yep. In some cases it will get you more time, but every patch I applied failed within one or two more wheeling trips. Even repairs on pinholes, not necessarily just on catastrophic tears. It saved me having to install the spare, but for the cost it motivated me to refine my spare-changing technique instead. Also, the application is a bit more finicky then they let on. Some of my testing was done in my shop, in ideal conditions with tools and supplies I wouldn't normally have available on the trail, and it was still hit or miss.

I think there was a video of Matts offroad recovery using it

I think there was a video of Matts offroad recovery using it
Yeah, it was one of the many reviews and videos that pushed me to give it a try. Now there seem to be a lot more of them. A+ marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom