Gateway Crusers Mailing List (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is the Gateway Crusers E- Mail List. if you want on the list, or don't want to be on the list just send me an e-mail at edgewrks@gtec.com, I will update the list of names on this post as it changes.

I will send out a copy of the list to everyone on the list before the next meeting, that way we can all keep in touch. Tom (Stumpkin):cheers:

Alz Toy
Lunyou
4RUNNY
blong
extremetoy1
Charlie Stark
76 TOY
DirToyBoy
hondaguy6513
db
FJCruiser07
97_40th_152000
MoJ
Joe Carter
wfd175
justimaginejack
bowyer2002
Marty Hechinger
Rock Harris
toyminator
snap-on
REKCUT
Stumpkin
tommy-d
Miescha
X factor

Last edited:
This is a good thread to post introductions and maybe a picture of your rig.

Hi my name is Tom and I have a problem, I'm a toyaholic!
Toys in Yard.jpg

Hello, my name is Dave and I drive a 2002 Tacoma.

A couple recent pictures...

Grand Tetons:

DSC_0435.JPG

Hell Roaring Plateau (Montana):

DSC_0729.JPG

This is my 1989 Toyota Pickup. I have owned it for about 12 years. It served as my daily driver for 5 of them before I started modifications. It has 250,000 miles on the motor and still going strong. Here it is in its current form - waiting for paint. You can see all of my pics from the day I bought it to how it looks now on the link below. sorry they are out of order.

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/extremetoy2000/

I also own a 1999 4Runner SR5 Sport, a 1988 4Runner SR5, a 1992 Lexus SC400 and as you can see in the pics, various other projects.
100_0788.JPG
100_0425.JPG
HPIM0077.jpg

William here. I've had my 80 since I purchased it new in 1996 and will probably never let it go. I'm doing a lot of PM right now simply b/c it just turned 100k miles. Most of the stuff is in my signature, and I just finished the front axle rebuild earlier this week (monday and tuesday) so I'll throw in those pics.

I'll be doing the wires/plugs/cap/rotor and pvc soon, and I'm doing the front door window channels this weekend b/4 it starts to get colder.

I'm also just about to order Slee step sliders and tie rod links. I've also got a new leather project in the works along with heated seats using the OEM factory switches (arrived today from MOT in Japan).

I'm also trying to get a few radios up and running - a Cobra 75wxst CB and a Yaesu 8900R quad-band 'ham' radio.

I've got a few other vehicles, but none are as much fun as the 80 :). I'm really looking forward to the Flat Nasty trip (3rd time for me) on Saturday, November 3 (I just need to get everything done before then).

Here is my work table at the start of the axle rebuild job. Sadly, I didn't have enough brake kleen and ended up buying a ton more (14 cans in total). I also had to buy more grease (but I had too much gear oil even after doing all three diffs).
Parts.JPG

Here is a poser shot of my rig on the lift during the front axle rebuild (man that lift made it a LOT easier).
Cruiser on lift.JPG

And here is the 'birf soup' I found - that's just wrong.
PS Birf Soup.JPG
Cruiser on lift.JPG
Parts.JPG
PS Birf Soup.JPG

Last edited:
'07 has been the start of what is going to be a long and enjoyable hobby.
A few years ago I went looking for a small truck preferably an old Toyota with a 22r and came across our '84 for $500, after doing the body work and paint I built the flat bed and rear bumper. I have a long to do list but am very happy that we are at least having tons of fun with it on stock suspension.

This is my first 4x4 and apperently hit the jackpot, at least for me.

badlands053.jpg

Great truck! Where have you been wheeling?

Some of us have gone out to Flat Nasty in southern MO a few times and had a lot of fun. I know I'm planning to head back sometime after Thanksgiving. If you're interesting in going, let me know and I'll keep you posted.

I know there is a mailing list, but I don't have it and I don't know how to send a broadcast message to the whole group. I think Stumpkin is the keeper of the list so maybe I can just send the message to him and he can send it out.

Again, nice truck!
:beer:

Great truck! Where have you been wheeling?

Thanks, I have some body damage to fix from the Badlands during the Hoosier Hoedown. :doh:
We have also been to The Cliffs and Hannable Rocks, but have not yet made it to Flat Nasty.

I am interested and will be attending the next meeting for the Gateway Cruisers.

Vicky and I have plans to go to the Badlands for the Hoosier Cruisers Toys For Tots run on December 1st and will be in Joliet for Thanksgiving weekend.

Looking forward to meeting some local wheelers.

Updated the List

I have updated the e-mail list.

Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom