Front speakers that fit a 83 FJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the PO of my 83 FJ60 installed after market stereo and speakers front and back. The front ones prohibited the windows from rolling all the way down, so I took those out the first weekend I had it. My question is does anyone know of the size that fit and/or specific models they have used that have fit? I don't need anything fancy, I'm not looking for any incredible speakers, if I had the stock ones I would put them in, thanks

Do a search on here or google to bring up threads in this forum. There are some low profile speakers that fit FJ60 doors well. You can bump out the window channel slightly with a spacer to clear the low profile speaker. The othe posts I mention go into great detail on the spacers and the low profile speaker brand and model numbers. This worked well for me.

6" Boston Acoustics in my '85. They have been in it for over 15 years so no idea the model number or if they have changed dimensions.

IMG_3808.JPG
if the put 6.5 in they cut the inner door to make them fit so stock won't work anymore. i just put 6.5 focals in my front doors and had to use a 1/4 ring spacer. not stock looking but when painted to match the interior look pretty good. they sound awesome too.

I installed Pioneer TS-G1345R speakers in my FJ60 front doors, they fit great under the OEM door panels/speaker grilles.
Thanks for that info, I just ordered some TS-G1345R on Amazon for my 60. Now I just need to track down some gray OEM front speaker grills and my doors will be back to original!

Thank you guys for the advice! I ordered the Pioneer TS-G1345R (For $25 shipped on Amazon you can't beat that) I don't think the holes were drilled large than the OEM speakers, does anyone have any advice for taking the door panel off? I was able to get the speakers out without having to take the whole thing off, I just unclipped the bottom and could get at it but I don't think I can install it that way. Really I just don't know how it comes out near the top trim at the bottom of the window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom