Front Axle Rebuild Party - Shunt Cave 1.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well crap! This thing was a go till I hand-grenaded tomorrow. Sorry guys! I'm down for most weekends from here out, assuming the 18th is out. Who all was needing to do it? Wanna start throwing out other potential dates?

It was originally on the 4th, then got pushed to 11th, then the 18th

Dates. If one person per date, then bring it, giving I'm here. We'll deal with them individually as I have been with other people bringing stuff by. @MillironFZJ80 was texting me about his front axle refresh, I thought he was referring to this "axle party" and turns out he knew nothing about this thread. LOL. So @sigg just let me know when you have a free 5-6 hours and we can rip yours apart like we did your brakes that day. With one person on either side it shouldn't be bad. I went and helped @Intern22 do his that day and we had a blast with each of us on a side.

I just opened up my passenger front to tighten wheel bearings. I'm going to recommend a few studs, cone washers and nuts as well as bearing retainer hardware.

Someone with a chisel and a hammer had been after mine and all but destroyed the hardware and one stud is cross threaded. Also, the notch which locates the tabbed locking washer was worn almost completely off. I'm hoping the spindle is still good as I ran out of time today and just put it all back together.

So, if you haven't been in there hope you have better luck than me.

@girupb — sorry you had such a hassle getting in there!

@Land Speeder and @MillironFZJ80 — how does the 25th look for either/both of you? I appreciate your willingness to help tackle these one at a time with us Eric…but, I don't wanna tie up any more of your generously offered time than we *have to.* So, if there's a day when we can both all three do it (or anyone else who wants to)…I'd rather do that. That being said, how's the 25th sound?

I have plans that weekend and the 4th

I got most of mine done this weekend. Lots of cleaning, painted the knuckle, brake dust shield an the hub, new bearings. Its definitely is a big job. and a second hand is good to have. If i'm free on the weekend that everyone decides to do it i'll come lend a hand. I've got a bearing race/ seal driver set also I can bring along with whatever else we are needing.

I could do the 9th…

And @Mrtwooooo, if you come, will you drive your MR2? That thing sounds AWESOME from your signature…

Found/read that whole thread. Sounds even better now. But unfortunately most of the pictures were down… :(

Godspeed!

In case anyone wants to do more you can update the knuckle studs to the ones with the Torx head on them. I think Onur got me the 8 studs for $15 and you can also replace the brass bushing that is inside the spindle with a new brass bushing or update it to the brass bushing/ roller bearing pieces that new spindles come with.

New studs
13450796_10206925143139588_7266644585320078111_n.jpg

Those torx studs are aisin? Thought they were aftermarket. I have them on FrankenDigger, but I'd never buy them myself.

Nice. Someone else who paints parts before they go back on.

:clap:

Andy Garcia! Whachu doin over here with the lil people?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom