for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm close to atlanta. Jukelemon, the wheels are yours for $150. I've vacillated about this cruiser project for the past year. The bottom line is I don't have the time to build it and when I'm done I won't have the time to wheel it either. Sad but true. I'm a couple hours from Atlanta but I go there all the time. My son lives in ATL, my daughter lives in Rome, GA. A relay for parts is better than trying to ship these heavy items. I paid $100 for the tranny plus shipping off e-bay. $100 for you, Junk. I'll throw in the transition gear if you need it as well. I PM'd my cell #

Fox Fab, the rust is little enough to emory out. The cam was never in a vehicle. How about $75 for a parts relay? The cam is the SOR cam that is cross-drilled (4 holes) for both F and 2F motors. I PM'd my cell #

Last edited:
Vegasmike said:
I have an 82 FJ40 with 33" tires, 4" lift, new frame, aluminum tub, complete roll cage, conv. top, roof rack, swing-out bumper with spare tire and cooler rack, rebuilt original 2F engine, new radiator, electric fan, extra hood, 4 speed, Snorkel, Winch... For Sale or trade for a daily driver. I have over $22K in this vehicle, completely rebuilt from the frame up 3 years ago. Unfortunately, I have even more money in my wife...and it's the FJ 40 or my wife. Had to think about it for a bit. I need a vehicle capable of carrying tools and a ladder. Something comparable to my FJ in value and utility.
Hi jjhancock,
Please give me an email address to send pics to. All my photos are too large to attach, as the forum has an 87 kb size limit and my smallest camera size is 150 kb. I have not totally decided on an asking price yet. I was hoping for a trade...
Thanks,
Michael (VegasMike)

Here are some pics of the truck I took this AM....unfortunately we have a 1/4 mile dirt driveway into the office (Hey, we're Landscape Masons LOL!) and the truck is FILTHY. I will be washing it and waxing it this weekend. Also included the picture of the bad lower gate.

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

RJ

Resize the photos with IrfanView and post in this thread; it's free and works well.

-B-

72 restored FJ40 in Colorado

Selling my restored 72FJ40. The engine has been re-built (21,000 miles), transfer case ,heaters,gas tank,suspension,brakes,transmission,door handles,shocks, latches, etc etc all replaced or re-built 4 years ago. The restoration occured in Georgia. I bought the vehicle from the pervious owner in Tennessee. I have replaced the wiper motor and pivot, had the steering gear box rebuilt, new tires and rims as well as alignment and window tintng. The interior is in excellent shape with like new upholstery front and back. All guages work. I also have the original rims, hub caps and like new tires that can be included for $300, so you can have as all orginal if you like. Engine starts every time, runs strong and is very reliable. I keep it garaged and I only drive ocassionally in good weather. Window channels need replacing and small dime sized bubble in the paint on the rear gate, otherwise almost perfect. The red paint is in very good shape, top is excellent and has not been removed since the restoration. Brush guard on front with Hella lights. Serious inquiries only (more pics on request).

Asking $12,250.

yeah, but now Kelly and I are facing the reality of having an infant, the dog and TONS of gear...If only someone local had a 60 to trade LOL!

97 FJ80 F/S in Shreveport, LA

I work at Holmes European Motors in Shreveport, LA, in the Mercedes dealership, and we just got a trade in for a '97 40th anniv. edition FJ80. It has 117k miles on it, but very very clean. Has every option except locking differentials. We are asking $15,977+TT&L for it, but i know it has a little wiggle room!! This cruiser is immaculate and i would buy if i could afford it. My used car manager was going to whole sale it because of the mileage, but i begged him to keep it a week or two and see if i could get some offers on here. The whole saler was just going to tear it up and try to rip some poor buyer off by way overcharging. The whole salers around here are crooks. So i have a week or two, plus it is displayed out on the grass by the main road running thru our auto-mall. I am posting up pics, but let me know any details you need or questions you have. I am a cruiser-head for life and still building up funds to get my fj62 back later this summer. But i am not a dealer posting on here, i only work at a dealership and came across this opportunity and thought i would let you all in on this offer. I know i can get anyone interested a really good price for this. My name is Ben L. and my desk number is 318-212-1236. I have a voice mail also, so leave your name and num and i will get back with you within a few hours. I also take my comp. to work, so pm me or email me with inquiries, but telephone is the fastest way to get me Saturday the 11th, because we should be busy tom. I will be there from 9-6 sat. any offers outside those time, email me or pm me. I will also post up my schedule for next week on sat. with the best time to contact me. But please leave messages!!!.

Ben L.
Holmes European Motors
318-212-1236
billybob_98@hotmail.com
all PMs to billybob_98 on ih8mud.com
please leave messeges and any offers. thanks, ben
12.jpg
11.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
more pics
9.jpg
8.jpg
1.jpg

Last photo of rear interior. I have lots more so just drop me an email if you are interested. Engine is as clean as everything else.
rear seats down small.JPG

more pics

sorry, now more pics
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

Not a 40th man, its a CE, do like the color though

Nice Fully Locked and Loaded FJ60 For Sale (SOA and Hi-Steer and 35's)

Hey Guys

I finally got the finishing touches done to my FJ60 so i feel comfortable selling it and it also passed CA smog with FLYING colors this AM and is now ready to go!

I am selling this to buy a 93+ FZJ80 and i want to move my 60 fast, so any reasonable offers will be considered!!

Please check here for all the details and pics:

http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/fj604sale.htm

Any questions please feel free!

Thanks a lot
Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom