fluid hosing out clutch booster: please advise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4/85 and newer has a solid rod from the Slave piston to the clutch fork... Earlier has an adj rod.

There's a procedure in the FSM and Gregory's manual for MC R&R ... I usually start buy bleeding at the MC fittings, then moving to the wheel cylinders. You'll need a Mate to help if you don't have a pressure bleeder.

Are you going to rebuild the Slave and Master? Or buy replacements?

I'll just buy replacements. It's not worth the effort to overhaul. Although with the old units I pull off I may play around with them for the experience.

So by bleeding it out via the slave, it will bleed the master up sweet as well?

It should, but if there's still air in the system, it won't hurt to crack the fitting at the Master and bleed out the bubbles, if any.

If you rebuild the units, make sure you get rubber grease or grease designed for brake systems. Regular grease will deteriorate the hydraulic rubber very quickly and you'll find another puddle under your truck.

But I think new units are not too dear.

Hell, what am I doing up at 2am ? Off to sleep.

Cheers.

Easy job.
Had the old one out and new one in and bled in less than half an hour.
Cracking the hose while the cylinder was still attached was the trick and just winding it off made it easy.

Aisin replacement slave and masters are pretty inexpensive. I would recommend going that route over a rebuild. JMHO.

Get a new one, and replace the clutch MC at the same time. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom