FJ60 LED Light Bulb List (Interior and Exterior) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just did the dash of my 60 and used 4 194-RHP5 in red for the gauges, 2 194-g-120 for the turn signals, 3 194-r-90 for brake and seatbelt and charge, 1 194-b-90 for the high beam, 1 194-g-90 for the 4 wheel drive, and 1 194-a-90 for the choke. The turn signals and high beam are not too bright. Hope this helps.

Mark

Cool, have a photo of red lights in the cluster? does the needle dissappear? considering this.

Anyone retrofitted a dimmer switch? im super sensitive to bright clusters, get aggressive right away.

This should be a good service if you get the brightness right.
When I did it my blinkers were nearly blinding and I had to partially cover them.
The high beam light is a bit intense too.
Purest won't like it but I went with red for the night vision aid.
Photos?

What I ordered for my interior retrofit from SuperBrightLEDs is below. Just finished up and my observations:
  • The dome and cargo lights are wonderful upgrades. Very happy with their increased brightness and color (I think a tad less yellow then OEM which I actually prefer).
  • The green color for the cluster backlight is substantially more green then the original LEDs, enough so that it doesn't feel that OEM to me anymore. I kinda want to address this but not sure how. They're also really bright, haven't driven at night yet but might look at one of the dimming options.
  • I had to re-pin the rear defrost button LEDs onto the housing that goes into the button... NEO5 size (5mm) may work better. See pics at the end of this post. For some reason they're the only LEDs not working for me though, so... maybe I got something wrong. The NEO5 are noted as polarity sensitive (unlike the rest of the LEDs on this list I believe) so I need to try flipping them around as a first step.
  • I don't have AC, so no light to replace 🥲
  • I want to go back and install aluminum foil around my heater backlight to make it look more uniform á la @Cruiser Cult's recent video:

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 13.52.31.png

IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1600.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm using a lot of the data here to help me with an LED upgrade on my 1991 FJ75... lots of electrical similarities with 60-series.

When using the 194-GHP5's on your clusters, do you all have a plastic guard/shroud that blocks direct output from the light bulb? See photo below. Have you modified/removed that if so? The 194-GHP5's just barely don't fit in my sockets because of that plastic.

2A5662D5-C426-40F8-94A2-AAFA5A50F294.jpeg

I had to re-pin the rear defrost button LEDs onto the housing that goes into the button... NEO5 size (5mm) may work better. See pics at the end of this post. For some reason they're the only LEDs not working for me though, so... maybe I got something wrong. The NEO5 are noted as polarity sensitive (unlike the rest of the LEDs on this list I believe) so I need to try flipping them around as a first step.

I used NEO5 and they fit fine.

NEO5-GHP (Green) in bottom of the defrost button
NEO5-AHP (Amber) in back of the defrost button
NEO5-BHP (Blue) in for the AC button

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom