Fj60 diesel conversion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The pump gear IS timed to the cam gear. It is also keyed to the pump. But you can time the gear to the other gears wrong.

That picture is false.

The pump gear IS timed to the cam gear. It is also keyed to the pump. But you can time the gear to the other gears wrong.

That picture is false.

I was worried that the gear jumped a tooth before I marked the gears from not having the IP for who knows how long since I had it. But I played with the slop and can't get it to jump teeth so I am 99 percent sure its In the right spot. So now my question is do I turn the motor over till the keyway is lined up or do I turn the shaft on the IP accordingly?

Umm...

At TDC with the timing pin locked in, your pump gear should be on what E or D I can't remember which. You can turn the pump gear with the nut on the shaft until you get it where you need it.

84BF1F01-7612-4CD8-A506-70E063B1404F_zpscrzr16cv.jpg

This is mine. Pump keyway lines up with a match mark on the face of the housing and also lines up with the timing marks on the cam gear and you put the pump gear on the 0, depending on what engine you have.

attachment.php

E

I'd set it to TDC and then rotate your pump shaft to the 7 o'clock position roughly and see if it all comes together. But your engine is already out and it'd be pretty easy to pull the cover and make sure you have everything set 100%.

Awesome I will give it a shot tomorrow thank you! I will be sure to ask questions if I get stumped

Maxamillion. Cover is off and I rotated the motor till the tdc plunger locked in and this is where is sits. Look correct to you??

1414949827419.jpg

So I put the injection pump shaft as close as possible and then bolted it up. Then I had the gear hanging on the shaft enough so the gears stayed meshed and turned it over until the keyway on the gear reached 7 oclock and then from there slid the gear on and tightened it up then turned the motor back over until I got to the tdc lock spot again and the teeth are lined up again like previous pic. I feel good about this being right. What do you think.?

Long as youve got the timing marks all lining up and the E on the 0 should be good to go.

Sweet! Thanks for the help!

Its coming together! Doesn't feel like a lot but I guess this is tedious stuff. I only have a few things left I can do on the bottom end until I get the head which is hopefully soon. I gotta get my cal and bumper on before snow fall because I don't want it trashed then its game on for the engine bay

1414982486806.jpg

1414982496406.jpg

1414982506465.jpg

Head and injectors show up Monday and Tuesday!!

Tech time. I have found a lot of dodge nv4500 bellhousings for sale. I could get one and convert mine to a dodge one. (One of my original options) or should I stick with the zf5? Advantage it saving well over a grand

Zf5s are kinda ****, nv4500 would be a significant upgrade, just my .02
That's what I have been reading. I guess my idea with it was being all my fords have had zf5s even my Powerstroke has one and I love the way they work! Except their syncros go bad easily because mine suck

I did decide nv4500 though!! And my injectors showed up yesterday!

Look what showed up last night

1416504092578.jpg

1416504102320.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom