FJ60/62 Color Chart (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scionlife-

I think mine are accurate, feel free to use them for your 62 colors.

88 Colors
89 Colors
90 Colors

This is just my personal site and not intended to be any sort of difinitive information. Ignore style inconsistencies, still playing around with it.

I've got an '89, the last 3 digits of the VIN are '494. Is that the paint code? I have always heard it described as 'champagne', but I guess it's really beige metallic.

zcruiser said:
the last 3 digits of the VIN are '494. Is that the paint code?

first 3.

Color-Code-Placard.jpg

Found it inside the driver's door jamb on my '62. 4G8. Thanks!

Oops, for some reason I wasn't getting email notifications on this topic.

I have a beige '84 fj60 (paint code 464). Your chart doesn't show it.

It does now!

one more little fixing, as far as the sky blue is concerned, it was also availabe in 1984

Added it.

yes, its from a dealer only publication, it is accurate

white, red and biege were the same for the 60 and 40, as you can see there were no fancy names for the colors in 82. 81 and I think 83 are the same

OK, got the new colors from that brochure added... stretched them from 81-83... if that is wrong then I will change it down the road.

Very cool - great site. Now when will the FJ55 be completed

Today! I actually was working on that when I discovered that this topic had tons of new information. I should have an FJ55 topic up within the hour.

I think mine are accurate, feel free to use them for your 62 colors

Chris, did you get that color information from paintscratch.com? I have found their information to be very innacurate. I integrated your colors into the chart, but it seems strange that during 88-89 there would be two beiges that are nearly identical... and that during 88-90 there would be two grays that are so close. Something seems fishy.

Found it inside the driver's door jamb on my '62. 4G8

Cool, it matches the chart info! I think I am going to assume that if your 1989 Beige is 4G8 then there was no 4E8 for that year.

i have an '87 that isn't quite red. it's almost like a burnt orange and red cross.
the truck was repainted, but it seems to match the area's that were not touched up.
i have pics but it just looks red in them, but in person it's not really red.

where on the VIN tag is the paint code?

scionlife said:
Chris, did you get that color information from paintscratch.com? I have found their information to be very innacurate. I integrated your colors into the chart, but it seems strange that during 88-89 there would be two beiges that are nearly identical... and that during 88-90 there would be two grays that are so close. Something seems fishy.

Some from here and there including paintscratch (I have used their paints and the match is remarkable) but as I state on the page - the color codes are right but the colors themselves shouldn't be used for color matching. I 'll take a look at the colors you mention, maybe I plugged in the wrong hex codes.

Do you differ with me on the color codes themselves?

I wasn't worried about the hex codes... just wanted to know if you took the paintscartch data exactly as they had it. I've run into problems with their colors vs. years. It isn't always accurate and sometimes it isn't anywhere close.

Eventually I will get my hands on the brochures for each year and that should clear up any wrong information... for now it is good enough. :)

Last edited:
not to throw a monkey wrench into the works but your chart shows '86 only available in blue and silver metallic. i do not think this is correct.

i was talking to a guy who drives a white one that he said was '86 and the original paint.

does anyone have an '86 w/ color other than silver or blue? mine's blue. part original paint and part repaint.

This chart is a work in progress... I need people with Land Cruisers to shout out their years/color codes to get them added to the chart, or I need to see the brochure for each year. As I get the information I will complete the chart. I am aware that there were more than two colors for 1986, I just don't know the other colors yet! :)

I'm not sure the yellow and green are correct. Never seen one. I would guess those were 40 colors.

scionlife said:
I wasn't worried about the hex codes... just wanted to know if you took the paintscartch data exactly as they had it. I've run into problems with their colors vs. years. It isn't always accurate and sometimes it isn't anywhere close.

Eventually I will get my hands on the brochures for each year and that should clear up any wrong information... for now it is good enough. :)

Right now I trust mine to be more accurate than yours from everything I know. I did make a couple errors in the hex codes for the colors you mentioned. I'll fix those soon. :cool:

red cruiser said:
Right now I trust mine to be more accurate than yours from everything I know. I did make a couple errors in the hex codes for the colors you mentioned. I'll fix those soon. :cool:

Well, I have your color information on my chart, so if yours is accurate then mine is, too. At least for 88-90. :)

brian said:
i have an '87 that isn't quite red. it's almost like a burnt orange and red cross.
the truck was repainted, but it seems to match the area's that were not touched up.
i have pics but it just looks red in them, but in person it's not really red.

where on the VIN tag is the paint code?

i guess it's just red.
the paint code is 3F4.
it's an 87 with a pro date of 10/86.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom