Registry FJ2X Registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone notice a pattern with the VIN#'s?

Years 56, 57, 58 have short four digit numbers following the model designation.
These roughly correspond with the total production numbers as published in the 50th Anniversary Book.

:idea: Now for 59 and 60 it appears that Toyota went to a five digit number, the first digit in 59 being 1 followed by the production number. The VIN's roughly correspond to the 3,770 production number in the book. IN 1960 the five digit VIN began with 2 and the VIN's are all within the 3,323 production number in the book. Total production of the Land Cruiser was well short of 20,000 units at the start of 1960, and there's a 6,300 unit gap between 59-60, so there is now way the VIN's can be consecutive through the years.

Just pointing it out to support what John has said, it makes sense that the first FJ40 (a new model) VIN would have been:

1 FJ40 10001

Could it be that the veins back then covered all vehicles and they made a batch of 25, then a batch of cars, then more 25s?

I notice what your saying Jim for 59 and 60

in 58 only 3016 produced... however look at the vins in the 6K range :hmm:

if you add up 56-58 1028 + 2887 + 3016 = 6931 that fits

kinda like they were just rambling off frames and would make the lone 57 we have fit the vin range as well if you see my thinking

Hi in your registry list you have #105 as fj25 it is fj28 0FJ28-20558 eng F124608. Cheers Fred

Updated #77 for Dave, I've been sloppy lately, anyone else need updating? Lot of action in the 25 scene....... :lol:

New project

Thought you would want to add this 25 to registry. Can someone give me a tip on finding the matching steel to patch the floor in the tub.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Mud. Can you post a picture of the whole vehicle? There have already been pictures of 25s in WA that the owners aren't on Mud. Yours may already be counted.

What part of the floor is bad? Some parts of the early FJ40 floor are close and probably one of the easier way to repair the floor. Pictures of what parts are bad would help you a better answer.

hello every one! i have some cuestión!, i just find a 1959 fj28 4 doors, left hand driving. this car very unusual?, is hard to find parts? did anybody see one totaly restore?

tanks!

Rare yes, restored no. Part are going tobe hard to come by but worth it to give it a try unless the thing is going to cost you a fortune up front. Not sure I've ever seen one a four FJ28. Some pictures would be nice. If it has corrugated sides part from a FJ45LV from the US are probably as close as you will fin for body parts.

hello every one! i have some cuestión!, i just find a 1959 fj28 4 doors, left hand driving. this car very unusual?, is hard to find parts? did anybody see one totaly restore?

tanks!

NEED PICS!!!!! :)

Hi, i bought #116, and i'm looking For some parts,

In upper corner of 25 section is the classified area... Post up what you need

Post up a build thread in the 25 section with what you need and the progress you make... I have always loved the look of that truck.... Very unique!

Welcome to mud :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom