FJ25 Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like it from the outside... But am always saddened because the newer jeeps do have a very cruiseresk look to them... Kinda like something mr.t should have thought out and made better

On a side note... Hay it's Dean!!!

Been awhile! I was going to call ya yesterday ... Were your ears ringing?

lol...never very far! You should have called :)
I think I need to empty my mailbox here...I seem to remember not being able to send or receive any more pm's

I'm really liking this Africa model. I've read a lot of positives on it...to me it looks more like an old Landy than a Cruiser.
I don't expect it to be like my old CJ7, but I just like what I'm seeing/reading so far!! :)

Hey Dean, nice to hear from. Enjoying your winter? Something that didn't happen in the Southwest and even worse in CA. Still March And temperatures in the nineties and back east winter is still hanging on. Had a conversation going with Jim but guessing he is busy still digging out from the latest storm.

I personally like the new Jeep. I won't base buying off a border patrol report since my use would never be that harsh. Looked at forest service trucks years that were going to be auction off. Everyone had the frame cracked/welded and plated. These people don't own or maintain they vehicle and they show it. Seen the forest service use their vehicles and wouldn't buy one no matter who made it or how good it was. Most people can't afford to buy a new vehicle and then start bashing on the rocks, government employees on the other hand can since it goes with the job. But that's just my opion.

Hey Dean, nice to hear from. Enjoying your winter? Something that didn't happen in the Southwest and even worse in CA. Still March And temperatures in the nineties and back east winter is still hanging on. Had a conversation going with Jim but guessing he is busy still digging out from the latest storm.

I personally like the new Jeep. I won't base buying off a border patrol report since my use would never be that harsh. Looked at forest service trucks years that were going to be auction off. Everyone had the frame cracked/welded and plated. These people don't own or maintain they vehicle and they show it. Seen the forest service use their vehicles and wouldn't buy one no matter who made it or how good it was. Most people can't afford to buy a new vehicle and then start bashing on the rocks, government employees on the other hand can since it goes with the job. But that's just my opion.

Hey John, you make a good point...I remember doing lots of trails with my CJ7, and being careful, was able to get back with very little, if any damage. Looking at this Africa concept, I think it'll be more than ready to go where I'd be happy to go :)

As for the snow...oh ya...it's still white all over. We are expecting something like 10F or 12F windchill Saturday morning...that's well below freezing...kinda wish spring would finally show up.

Let me clean up that inbox, and I'll send you a PM :)

As for the snow...oh ya...it's still white all over. We are expecting something like 10F or 12F windchill Saturday morning...that's well below freezing...kinda wish spring would finally show up.

Let me clean up that inbox, and I'll send you a PM :)

It's already in the nineties here and been stripping parts off a wrecked HJ47 that showed up in salvage yard. No fun working in the heat and not having excess to all my tools and power. Been yard since I seen a FJ40 in a salvage yard much less a HJ47 troopy.

Inbox clean up? I was unaware there was a limit to conversations on the new mud or is that a silver star thing?

90s !!! that's stay inside and lie naked under the swamp cooler weather. i'm working in upper 70s and i'm hating life.

This a weather or Jeep thread now? Snow showers today........been snowing all day and 30*. Battery dead in the 45.... so did the battery shuffle in the snow, group 27 out of the Ranger, clean and paint the tray in the 45 insert battery. Dig in 3' ice and snow bank for junk battery that was there in the fall, chip it out, charge it up build a 1x8 pine battery tray for the ranger......the usual.

Used to have a CJ7........traded it on a brand new Metro ... 3 cylinder 5 speed......boy do I miss that Geo.

i did take annie for a spin this morning...does that count? ;)

Who has time for chat. I behind on my landscaping. Having a HJ47 show up in junk yard has thrown my schedule off. Removing springs and drilling rivets out with a cordless drill is not the same as working in a garage with power. Getting to old for the working in the dirt.

I remember a thread where someone tried to contact toyota Japan for some info on old toyota's. Without any luck:(.

I talked to a guy last weekend who restored a rare 1960 Renault floride. He contacted Renault France for some information and he got some kind of certificate with all the specs about how the car left the factory, with frame nr, engine nr, interior and exterior trim etc. Made me kind of jealous. It would be nice if toyota did take this a bit more serious. I'd say it is some kind of free publicity and it should be supported to "keep them rolling".

My dad visited the landcruiser factory in Japan last year. He saw all the new stuff but very very little about the heritage of toyota. Maybe we just don't understand the Japanese culture.

I remember a thread where someone tried to contact toyota Japan for some info on old toyota's. Without any luck:(.

I talked to a guy last weekend who restored a rare 1960 Renault floride. He contacted Renault France for some information and he got some kind of certificate with all the specs about how the car left the factory, with frame nr, engine nr, interior and exterior trim etc. Made me kind of jealous. It would be nice if toyota did take this a bit more serious. I'd say it is some kind of free publicity and it should be supported to "keep them rolling".

My dad visited the landcruiser factory in Japan last year. He saw all the new stuff but very very little about the heritage of toyota. Maybe we just don't understand the Japanese culture.

I've seen many commercials on the TV where they tout the reliability of the brand...but it better not break down...good luck with parts...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161691971433

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430535775.571948.jpg

Immediately thought of this.... :)
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430535788.072003.jpg

Last edited:
Vent works nice! Now just need a hump gasket in there to stop the loss of caffeinated goodness from the weathertight interior.:steer:

I personally like to use the rubber boot that fits over the shifter it helps keep the espresso from leaking out.:rolleyes:

My spare FJ25 four speed I picked up from a wrecking yard had a little water in it. After draining the water with the top plate removed I let it bake in the sun before adding some AT fluid. In your case I think after draining it I would add some AT to the new gear oil and keep changing it until it seems to stay clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom