Firewall Grommet Part Number on 1991 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone determined the part number on this particular grommet on a 1991 80 Series? Looking at the diagrams I can’t determine. I always try and find myself before asking the experts here. Generic ones are too thin for the thickness of the firewall. It’s round. 1991
ce586878-5dec-4791-88b9-b1031db7c38a.jpeg

That is built into the main wiring harness. I believe it is not sold separately there would not be a part number for it. Measure the diameter of the hole and buy one of the ones that you can cut the inside to fit. Summit racing or Amazon should have them.

That is built into the main wiring harness. I believe it is not sold separately there would not be a part number for it. Measure the diameter of the hole and buy one of the ones that you can cut the inside to fit. Summit racing or Amazon should have them.
Thanks. Explains why I could find part number. The issue is the inside chase groove of all the generic ones is too skinny as compared to the firewall thickness. Any other ideas anyone.

@BTUMAN : Is that a photo of your 80 and do you have the part number/brand for that wiper motor? Made in chy nuh?

Edited to show final solution below.

Last edited:
There's likely a replacement grommet of the correct size out there somewhere (Toyota or aftermarket) depends how much time you want to spend looking.

Here's a couple that appear to be close:

If the ID of the grommet is a bit too large one option to consider is to fill the gap with butyl rubber tape or rope:

Thanks Kernal- I just didn't think about McMaster. It looks like they have just the one that should fit exact. The issue was that the fire wall is 1/4" thick in that spot so all the generic ones were like 1/16 to 1/8". For those in the future, the below one should work in this spot. McMaster 2-3/8" wtih the Measure for "B"- the internal ring at 1/4".
Screenshot 2024-02-10 195951.jpg

Here is the finish picture.
10d98c81-21b5-4e07-96e5-8be99a917dc7.jpeg

It's cut. Just do it neatly. You can use good two part door seal glue to make it solid if needed.

"You can use good two part door seal glue to make it solid if needed."

Nice fit, but had a question, where/why was the glue applied??

To meld the cut back if you want. Not required since this fits. This glue
IMG_3774.jpeg
with activator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom