fawk suburbia and all the people in it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seriously fxxx it. I need to move to the boonies and start a libertarian compound where one can do wildly extreme activities like repair ones deck without a permit and park on the street in front of ones own house for one night, cut a tree down on your own property without fear of being fined and without being hassled and them wanting a cut.

Either Bolingbrook is in desperate need for money or one of my neighbors is dropping dimes on me or both.

I can only imagine if we had an hoa.

Back story?

Resurfacing my deck because the boards are rotted out and got a work stop order saying I need a permit. Can't find anything in the building codes that says I need one for repair and maintenace work, only new construction. Then I parked my truck on the street for one night due to a dumpster in my drive and I get a godamn parking ticket. Meanwhile the Chicanos down the street have a damn used car lot in front of their house. I think its the person across the street from me who is selling their house dropping dimes on me. I'm usually wrenching in the Tacoma when they are showing thier house lol. I need to move away from people and civilization. I'm just fed up with rules, regulation and money being extorted out of me on a daily basis.

First off I love the 60's gangster reference of "dropping dimes" more appropriate for today would be, inserting credit cards, providing a pay phone is even still to be found. Second, damn, what kind of nazi fxxxin neighborhood you live in???
I don't know Chicago building codes... but in Indiana any structural repair does require a permit. If it's just surface boards then no. But a dumpster permit is required if the dumpster is in the street or blocks a sidewalk.

Just sayin

And while I think a "no mow June" sounds like a good idea, if you get a ticket for simply parking on the street, you'll surely be drawn & quartered for not mowing or making an old toilet into a planter. I say find out the showing dates & times the neighbors are using & call "rent a drunken biker gang" and it's party time!

Last edited:
Lol you like that?? I used to work on a crew of brothers and they would say that all the time and i have picked it up subconciously. The dumpster permit is the same here, if its on your driveway and not blocking the sidewalk none is needed. There's nothing in the deck building codes that say that I need a permit to repair the boards or perform maintenece activities, so that's the angle I'm going with when I call them today. I have had no real complaints about where I live until now.

2015-05-19 13.51.32.jpg

Gum does know something.

I believe that quote from Gums sig line was my quote.......if so, then you are in my swamp. But I dont mind sharing my swamp (except w/ Jerome).

That looks like a sweet setup Todd. So when is trail cutting day? I was talking to Aimee that the next place we move to will be in the sticks, or on a mountain top.

in

Is it just me that finds it fitting that Gumby lives on a road with "school" in the name?

Well I fought city hall and won, no permit and I can go back to working on this project! Dealing with government regulation and their regulators daily at work has paid off lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom