Fast turn signal-ground problem? Help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I just removed the jenky trailer wiring from the rear and now have fast turn signals and non working rears. Wondering if someone could help me make sense of this? I suspect the absence of a connection on this grounding screw is the problem but don't know where and what to reconnect. Removing the trailer wiring is the only thing that I have changed in the equation. Below is a photo of the ground screw and adjacent wiring on the rear crossmember. Thanks in advance for the help!

IMG_3098.jpeg

jonheld thanks so much for the pertinent EWD page. I can see the other (factory) ground point BG on the rear crossmember. Am I correct in assuming that the white/black ground on the spare tire tire support is aftermarket? When removing the aftermarket trailer harness it was grounded to the support. Would I be correct in connecting the G-B to G-B and G-Y to G-Y? Also, I don't see a red wire on the EWD page, any idea what that might be? Thank you and apologies for my lack of ability here with electrical and reading an EWD.
Thanks

I cleaned and reconnected wires per the EWD and all is well! It appears that the red wire would be backup lights for one of the empty trailer harnesses. Thanks again for the help and, as usual, I should have consulted my EWD before posting.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom