F engine with GM 1 wire alternator question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvincig01

SILVER Star
Threads
I searched but didnt find anything on this topic. Here's my questions...

1. How can I mount this on my driver side? Unfortunately, it doesnt mount to the stock placement.
2. If I wanted to mount it to the passenger side, is there some sort of kit I can buy to make this work?

Thanks everyone!

What year is your truck? My 71 (1F) has a GM 1 wire on the drivers side. IIRC there is a simple bent flat stock bracket to adapt it and locate the pulley correctly.

I have mine on the passanger side but you need a double pulley and the belt rides on the outer groove

What year is your truck? My 71 (1F) has a GM 1 wire on the drivers side. IIRC there is a simple bent flat stock bracket to adapt it and locate the pulley correctly.

I have a 69 1F engine. Im pretty sure The top bracket will work fine, but how did you mount it at the bottom? Do you have a part number on your alternator? That would be awesome!

I have a 69 1F engine. Im pretty sure The top bracket will work fine, but how did you mount it at the bottom? Do you have a part number on your alternator? That would be awesome!

2nd this, about to start looking at wiring mine up, 1971 engine. Part number on that alt or what GM car was it from? If it was not a straight bolt on replacement can you post some pictures.

It was done by the po so I don't know off the top of my head. I'll check on Friday, that's the next time I'll have access to the truck.

Here's a GM alternator mounted to the stock 2F alternator bracket.
146401d1094525165-79-2f-gm-alternator-dscn01361a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom