expedition one front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ruebarb said:
Many States require front and rear plates, are you going to have some holes on the front of the bumper to mount the plate?

Not sure yet if holes will be how we do it. Thus far we haven't solidified how we wont to do it but we might actually make an attachment that mounts to the fairlead or the hole in the bumper for cable/rope to go through. If its as easy as puting a few holes in it we'll probobly just go that rought but currently, the configuration of teh bumper might not allow attaching a plate that simple unless your not going to have a winch....

jfonz said:
Not sure yet if holes will be how we do it. Thus far we haven't solidified how we wont to do it but we might actually make an attachment that mounts to the fairlead or the hole in the bumper for cable/rope to go through. If its as easy as puting a few holes in it we'll probobly just go that rought but currently, the configuration of teh bumper might not allow attaching a plate that simple unless your not going to have a winch....

I wonder if a STRONG magnet would work, :confused: . The plate could come off easy for wheelin, and go on easy for the road.

Voodoogirl said:
I wonder if a STRONG magnet would work, :confused: . The plate could come off easy for wheelin, and go on easy for the road.

Its could be possible but that would have to be one strong magnet. For me I would worry about high speeds and wind currents gusting and getting behind the plate and pushing it off... but if you got the right magnet it could work.

I like this one.... What would be the price??

How bout rock rails???
fjcfrontpre2.jpg

chewey46 said:
I like this one.... What would be the price??

How bout rock rails???

don't quite know the price just yet. Guessing it will be in the $800-$900 range. We'll know a bit more in a week or 2....

Rock rails???? We're actually working on a design right now and have some good ideas & concepts... wear hoping to maximize function without having to compromise by having them stickout way far... They'll probobly be avalible at about the same time the front bumpers are....

jfonz said:
Rock rails???? We're actually working on a design right now and have some good ideas & concepts... wear hoping to maximize function without having to compromise by having them stickout way far... They'll probobly be avalible at about the same time the front bumpers are....

Sweet, I will be looking forward to the pics of the rock rails. I've seen some square rock rails being fabbed. I think they go with the lines of the FJ pretty good. Just my .02.........

jfonz said:
Its could be possible but that would have to be one strong magnet. For me I would worry about high speeds and wind currents gusting and getting behind the plate and pushing it off... but if you got the right magnet it could work.

True, true. It was just a brainstorm from a blonde. :doh:

Kathie

Magnet is not a bad idea. In conjunction w/ some tabs or a simple failsafe, it could be an elegant solution.

Keep the thoughts flowing :cheers:

Any idea, in comparison to the original, on measurements of this bumper. We don't want to lose any clearance :)

Love how things are shaping up. Let's get the prototype rolling. Who cares about the front plate. Its worth the ticket. The looks are great and wouldnt' want to ruin it. Expedition One Rocks!!!

I bet a couple of rare earth magnets would hold the plate on just fine. These things are so powerful that if you et your finger between 2 of them that are oriented correctly, you'll end up with a pinched and/or broken finger.

jfonz said:
The front bumpers will also be availible with the following tubing/brushguard styles..

fjcruiserfb2_tbxside.jpg

Questions, comments, and feaback still welcome...

This one without the turn signal bars would be sweet. But I really like the single hoop one too. You might have me on yours over the All-Pro.

- LC

It looks like doing magnets would be a definet possiblity. The strengths are there, and if you did what was recomended by FirstToy, having a safety attachment of some sort, it would definetly work.

Ill still keep looking into more concepts too, but that one might work out quite well...

Magnets might work, but what about the theft of plate factor. Of course I guess if someone is actually looking to steal your plates, they will be carrying a screwdriver or something.

burling said:
Magnets might work, but what about the theft of plate factor. Of course I guess if someone is actually looking to steal your plates, they will be carrying a screwdriver or something.

ya, ultimatly if someone is going to take it, there going to take it. The thing that would help out in this situation would be the safety line. If you made it out of steel cable, it would atleast slow them down a bit. I think what you would really have to worry about in this case would be the person that wasn't wonting to steel plates, but rather just being a punk, playing a joke, or somthing like that. If you had a cable attached to it, the novelty of steeling it would probobly be gone very quick for a person like that....

Very nice design. :cool: I would buy something like this in a second, if I wasn't broke from buying the FJ. I guess I should start saving my pennies.

To help shed some light on the subject. I flipped on the the light switch. :D
jfonzBumper.jpg

Updates please!! What's goin on with the bumper?

Kathie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom