Engine compartment heater hose diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My mechanic is trying to figure out the heater hose placement in the engine compartment. The engine has been rebuilt, and we are doing the last hookups, but on the bottom radiator hose there is a metal junction, with a small hose coming out of it, plugged. It was plugged when I brought the FJ40 in to him. This is a 78 FJ.
Can anyone help out with pictures of the engine compartment of a 78 to show us the placement of all the radiator/heater hoses? Especially the hose that runs from the large bottom radiator hose...thanks in advance!

I think it might have had something to do with the factory Air system that later FJ40s had. I think it's always plugged unless you had A/C.

I have been searching, but the picture I need eludes me. I also have looked at the SOR page...it shows the metal piece (008) but does not show any hose diagrams...

My mechanic is trying to figure out the heater hose placement in the engine compartment. The engine has been rebuilt, and we are doing the last hookups, but on the bottom radiator hose there is a metal junction, with a small hose coming out of it, plugged. It was plugged when I brought the FJ40 in to him. This is a 78 FJ.
Can anyone help out with pictures of the engine compartment of a 78 to show us the placement of all the radiator/heater hoses? Especially the hose that runs from the large bottom radiator hose...thanks in advance!

I'm a diesel man myself but I do have a fair bit of info relating to the 2F lying around too.

Is this image helpful?
HoseLayout.jpg

I know it's of no help with regards where that little pipe connects.

That little pipe puzzles me.

My info suggests it is indeed something to do with the heater but yet heater piping layouts I see don't seem to show it in use. :meh:)

For instance here's one heater piping layout image:
heater.jpg

:beer:
HoseLayout.jpg
heater.jpg

I believe the hose from the metal 'T' goes to the lower hard line that's attached to the side of the engine and eventually feeds into the heater.

There's a thread at Rising Sun about this part:

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=17424

attachment.php

The top half of this giant diagram shows the little hose piece (87246E ) that connects to the fixed pipe (87249B):

ME9335B.jpg

Was looking for a picture better than this one (extreme bottom right):

img2312xo.jpg

If you don't have the oil cooler, I'd put a coupler in there or find a radiator hose that goes the whole way.

Last edited:
Wow, you have all been a huge help. The pictures will help out a great deal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom