EGR delete step by step (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Again, there is NO performance gain from deleting EGR. It's just running away from codes. Always funny to see how many "Mr. T did it right" comments about whatever nonsense, and then the total forum support for removing entire systems on the car. Systems that the car was built for, as in the ECU is mapped for the EGR to be working properly, so your car may actually be getting worse MPG, lower horsepower, and running worse because of mods like this.

Gotta love inconsistent logic.

This is true.

Plus a major reason for the EGR is to reduce pumping losses at partial throttle thereby giving an increase in fuel economy.

My reason for deleting it is that my pair reed valve has crapped out and it is a discontinued item from Toyota. I have a '94 OBD1 and wondering if you delete the EGR will the fuel mix be out of sorts with the computer or is that not an issue with the OBD1? Most likely also deleting the CATS and maybe the O2 sensors.

20210327_163016.jpg

20210327_163029.jpg

20210327_163044.jpg

My reason for deleting it is that my pair reed valve has crapped out and it is a discontinued item from Toyota. I have a '94 OBD1 and wondering if you delete the EGR will the fuel mix be out of sorts with the computer or is that not an issue with the OBD1? Most likely also deleting the CATS and maybe the O2 sensors.

View attachment 2644568
Damn it man. Now I have to go and clean and paint my engine more before I put it back together.

My 16 year old daughter did a lot of that cleaning and painting for the mechanic.

I can't say how it will run, but it will run different. O2 sensors send information to the ECU. If you want to tune it right, then you can always get a wideband and tune it yourself. But the idea of just removing stuff and it all working out isn't how computerized engines work.

While Toyota may not sell EGR components, RockAuto and other parts stores do. Always an option for those of us who don't really care about paying 5x for OEM.

use the search box and check the faq, great source of info. if your looking to a full delete and get rid of everything your going to need block off plates for where the egr sits in the exhaust and intake. the really easy way is to unplug the egr modulator and short the harness side by using a paper clip in the connector and taping it all up. that will disable the egr valve and dosnt set a code, ive been running that for a few years
Can you show pictures of this ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom