Dumb question regarding coolant level (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The heavy equipment mechanic at our shop didn't notice the "FULL" line on the coolant tank and filled that sucker to the brim today while going over the cruiser. I was able to suck out some of the excess with a small baster, but am still left with a good 3" over the full line of coolant (probably 2-1/2" from the very top). Do I need to find a bigger baster and get it down to the full line or will I be alright? Thanks and sorry for what I am sure is a dumb question.

The heavy equipment mechanic at our shop didn't notice the "FULL" line on the coolant tank and filled that sucker to the brim today while going over the cruiser. I was able to suck out some of the excess with a small baster, but am still left with a good 3" over the full line of coolant (probably 2-1/2" from the very top). Do I need to find a bigger baster and get it down to the full line or will I be alright? Thanks and sorry for what I am sure is a dumb question.
You will be fine. Coolant level may move an inch or so between hot and cold...you can double-check with a piece of masking tape on the side of the tank and a magic marker. ;)

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom