Drive train lubrication (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello to my fellow 200 Series Land Cruiser owners. This is my first posting and I need help and some guidance. My wife drives a 2017 LC with 24,000 miles and in pristine condition. We bought it new and recently paid it off....love it. I am attempting to perform as much maintenance on it as possible. I have already changed to oil/filter myself and I want to lubricate the Propeller Shaft.

Question, how to you lift the truck to get to the zerks? Do I need to have one wheel off the ground to spin the shaft? Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome!
There is full thread about the subject with pics and advise. Don't have the link right now.
Mostvof us just roll the truck in position. You can lift but it's a lot more work if you do it at every oil change. You need more than one wheel off the ground.

Hello to my fellow 200 Series Land Cruiser owners. This is my first posting and I need help and some guidance. My wife drives a 2017 LC with 24,000 miles and in pristine condition. We bought it new and recently paid it off....love it. I am attempting to perform as much maintenance on it as possible. I have already changed to oil/filter myself and I want to lubricate the Propeller Shaft.

Question, how to you lift the truck to get to the zerks? Do I need to have one wheel off the ground to spin the shaft? Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Check out the excellent thread on the subject by @bloc.

How I grease my front driveshaft

Last edited:
Climb underneath and get what you can then. Just roll the truck around to line them up so they can be accessed.

I highly recommend a needle attachment since it allows you to access the zerks at obtuse angles.

Reactions: BVE
Thanks a million. I want to keep our LC in the family and take care of it properly. Great forum and so glad to be a member of this community

Don’t know if it’s the same on your 200 (probably is though), but on my GX470 there are (6) zircs for the drive line…
Each u-joint has 1 (Total of 4). Pump grease in until you see grease coming out.
Each drive shaft has 1...DO NOT keep pumping in grease in the drive shafts. You can easily overfill them, such that they won’t compress as they need to. Only pump in 3-4 pumps in each of the 2 driveshaft zircs.
If this doesn’t apply to 200’s, please disregard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom