Ditched the running boards! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got around to removing the side steps. I did a few plastic mods to make it look a little more factory until I get my sliders.

image-2270487844.jpg

image-1538801535.jpg

The running boards were so completely useless and ugly that crawled under my rig in single digit temps to remove them. All they ever did was get crud on my pants when I didn't step out far enough to avoid them.

The plastic filler is actually a part of the running board that I cut off and trimmed to the curve that is shown. I will pull one off and snap some photos of the cut this weekend. I will also show where I cut on the running board.

The plastic filler is actually a part of the running board that I cut off and trimmed to the curve that is shown. I will pull one off and snap some photos of the cut this weekend. I will also show where I cut on the running board.
I surely would like to see the detailed process of that modification. If convenient, please provide the photos you mentioned above. Thanks!

Did you ever get any pics of this?

This looks great! I haven't pulled my boards yet, but I'm debating it.

Say, has anyone sold their running boards? Just wondering if there is a market for them. I'm thinking probably not much of one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom