Deleted threads (1 Viewer)

R U COMMITTED?

• YES I AM GOING.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO I AM NOT GOING.

• I WILL GO SHOTGUN AND HELP PAY THE FUEL!

• I WOULD LOVE TO BUT CAN'T AFFORD TO HELP.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dude, you need lockers.

;)

the issue with airing down is that these trucks have a CTIS( Central Tire Inflation System). you can choose the type of terrain you are operating in and it does the work for you, but you cannot air the tires down manually or the CTIS will malfunction and the truck can go as far as shutting down. The vehicle is build for safety and if you push it past its limits it will shut off. If you hit an IED or a hard bump the steering will disconnect and the brakes will engage which means you have to manually disconnect the air brakes to move it. It's a great concept but they rushed the production of them due to the HMMWV getting destroyed by IED's and EFP's. It has many flaws

Unbelievable! They would have been perfect for this terrain. What you have there just is not right. You know what's best...let it be known! The ground force troops always know what they need...don't hesitate to take it to the upper command. That's the only way they will consider a change. Thanks for what you are doing...and I mean it.
Looking forward to our Ocala run!
Archie

I wish the higher chain of command would listen, but it is all about keeping the Afghan population happy these days and a tracked vehicle would tear up their roads. Ohh and I can't wait for our run either!!

My new body guard .

xdcontest.jpg

Hoping that is polymer, could get cold against the skin...

Mag empty?

Hey Rocky, after she's done ... guarding ... you, can she [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] guard me?

Parts wanted...

Anyone have the stock long rear seats they want to part with??? Not worried too much about fabric and such, but need good sound frames etc.

They are for my '68, so they are the long retangular style before Toyota put in their roll bars.

Thanks,
Jerry Dixon

3FE w/ cracked block

Just discovered the right side of my block has a small crack:bang:. Can't really afford a new engine. Does anyone know of a good weld shop to trust with this type of fix.

Looking for a shop that can do a Lock-N-Stitch type repair.

Here are some photos of the crack.

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

Last edited:
I do know a place that can weld cast iron, but I don't reccomend it.

I'd say JB Weld that hole and see how it goes. Worst case you can grind it out later and do something else - but I'd be willing to bet it holds up.

looking for shop/mechanic in the orlando area

from the northeast & i'm planning on flying down to check out fj40 in the area. Would like a professional to look over & give me thoughts on condition, etc. any referral would be much appreciated. thanks guys

I'm a fj40 owner in orlando and would be happy to check it out for you. but if you want a pro connect with Luis ( LC60) he knows the fj40 long time.

If you want Toyota ASE tech, PM me and I'll get you together with someone I trust as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom