December Elections for EVP, Secretary, WIR, and EIR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi All
I am Roger Theurer and I am running for TLCA Eastern IR. For those that don’t know me I am VP of STLCA and have chaired the GSMTR for the last 3 years, a member of the White Trash of Elwood Chapter and a member of Southern FWDA, a regional group dedicated to keeping public land open to OHV use. I drive a 1976 FJ-40 with a 6.2 L diesel. Over the last several years I have attended 2-3 TLCA events a year and have been impressed with the hospitality from all the Toyota people I have meet, and really enjoy wheeling with them.
TLCA has done a great job promoting wheeling, sponsoring events, publishing an outstanding magazine and providing Land Cruiser merchandise. I believe it is time for me to step up and help. I believe being the STLCA delegate for the past three and a half years has provided me with the working knowledge to help individual members find answers to their questions and form new chapters.

Howdy all. My name is Matt Farr and I've been nominated to fill the currently vacant position of Marketing & Sales Vice President. Here's a quick bio.

I'm currently the Commander (president) of the Denver, Colorado area TLCA chapter, Rising Sun . I own two Land Cruisers, a green 1981 FJ40 (the HULK) and a 1996 FZJ80. In addition to my duties as commander, I've also been a part of the Cruise Moab committee for 3 years (and we've started the process for CM'06 as well!) I was also a member of the Chicago area club Windy City Land Cruisers back in 1996-97. Many of my group of friends have come from the Land Cruiser community. The vehicles are cool and the people are even better.

I've worked in marketing since 1987. My first job was at Leo Burnett Advertising in Chicago. Since then, I've worked in public relations for a blood bank, and for a smaller ad agency. I left the world of corporate jets in 2002 to start my own company, Idea Shop (read more at www.ideashop.com) . We create advertising, web sites, logos, brochures, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I've been married since 1996 and we have two kids, ages 2 & 4.

I'm enthusiastic and committed. I generally have an opinion on subjects, but I'm always willing to listen to other ideas and let people change my mind. If you're like me (and I know I am), you're extremely busy with a hundred small tasks. I'm busy, but I will always make time for my Land Cruiser friends and club, since it's my primary "hobby."

Thank you for the nomination. If elected, I look forward to serving the Cruiser community and working with the other TLCA folks!

Western Rep

Hi All

My name is Ross Woody, and I'd like to be the next Western Rep for TLCA.

Background -- I bought my fj40 in 1997, and joined shortly there after (TLCA #7704). I have been a member of Pacific Mountain Cruisers for 7 years now, and have been actively involved with Rubithon for 4 years or so.

I've enjoyed my 40, and have had it modified by several of the local SF Bay Area guys - Butch Lewis (RIP), Paul Decker, Luke Porter (4x4Labs) and Gary "Mudrak" Kardum. It's fairly well built, but still looks like a 40. SOA, still has a 2F, 36's, Full cage, sliders, high steer, bumpers, racks, winch, etc.

Most of my travels have been limited to California - Rubicon, Fordyce, Hammers, Cow Mountain, and other local places.

My previous experience with Boards and such has been mostly in Youth Organizations - Scouting Leader, Little League Board Member and President, Youth Football Coach, and PTA. I've served as both a contributing member, as well as a presiding member of these organizations. I know that it's more than just a honorary title - The position is there for a reason.

I would like to continue and improve upon the representation the Bruce Lutz has provided to this area in the past. The Western Area has a high concentration of wheelers, and I think TLCA has a great oppourtunity to add membership in the later model ranks (60 and 80's specifically).

Thanks for the chance

Ross Woody

It's exciting to see the high quality of nominees we have this year, especially in the IR positions.

Kudos to Matt, Roger, Cory, Ross, Jenn and Erik.

All are of the highest quality and will serve the association well.

I will second the motion for Ross Woody.

The only winner I can foresee is TLCA!

EVP nominee Lorincz bio

Jenn emailed me this to post for y'all:

Quick Bio for Jennifer Lorincz

I have been nominated for the TLCA Executive Vice President. I've served on the TLCA Bod as a delegate for a number of years & I currently serve as the EVP. I am a charter member & treasurer of Rice on the Rocks, TLCA of Cincinnati, OH. I have met many TLCA members at events & also through email communication & phone calls. This is a great group of people that together make this a wonderful organization to be a part of & make it a pleasure to serve on the BOD.

As many of you already know, I work for Toyota Motor Manufacturing, North America & through my working relationships I have been able to provide the TLCA with many contacts & opportunities with Toyota in order to gain a mutual relationship. We have enjoyed many perks of this relationship including attending the SEMA shows in both Indianapolis & Las Vegas, the request to bring the new FJ Cruiser to our sanctioned events & to regular chapter events, as well as being invited to participate in the test drive of the FJ Cruiser.

My strengths include knowledge of the current officers and my working relationship with them, the ability to work with all the chapters & assist them in getting events set up & approved by the BOD, knowledge of TLCA business relationships, my communication skills & the ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound. I don’t know when that would come in handy in this position, but you never know.

My husband & I are active in the TLCA community & we both have trail rigs. I strive to achieve the best possible outcome in every situation & work hard for all the members, chapters & the BOD. I am always here to answer any questions, comments, etc.

In the coming 2 years, I hope to attend more of the events out west but, like Christiansen, I am geographically challenged as well, not to mention the fact that I’m only allowed a certain amount of vacation time!: )

I look forward to serving the TLCA members & chapters again in the next 2 years!

my bio

Hi everyone:

My name is Thom Placier and I've been nominated for the position of EIR. I'm the President (and primary founder) of the Bluegrass Cruisers TLCA chapter, which is one of the newer chapters. It was a pleasure working with Stew to obtain chapter status and I'd like to be able to help other interested parties to do the same. We've grown to 18 members in less than 2 years and I'd like to bring that same enthusiasm and work ethic to this position.

I drive a fairly modified 1969 FJ40 with a rusted out rear sill and several weak body mounts. It's done everything I've asked it to do and hopefully this winter some of the rust issues can be put to rest, for a few years anyway. Wheeling is why I bought my Cruiser and I've attended the past 4 GSMTR's, which is the closest event to my central Kentucky home. I'd like to attend a few more of the organized events in the east over the next couple of years, but have managed to get to Ohio and Tennessee to wheel with some of the Buckeye Birfield Syndicate, Leaky Seals, and STLCA members, and also met some of the Hoosier Cruiser and Tornado Alley Cruisers when they came to Kentucky this summer. And that's not even mentioning our close neighbors to the north, Rice on the Rocks, who also helped us organize as a chapter and have given us support over the past couple of years.

Professionally, I work for Toyota Motor Manufacturing at the plant in Georgetown, KY and have been there since 1988. I'm a Group Leader in the Plastics Department and am currently in a training position, leading improvement initiatives in our shop. This requires me to work closely with many people, from the Team Members on the shop floor to Upper Management, making changes, gathering feedback, and acting on the information to make further improvements. I believe that the skills that I've learned while in this position would help make me an effective EIR. Teamwork is the key to Toyota's success and we all need to work together to help the TLCA reach our goals.

Personally, I've been married for 22 years and have a 16 year old daughter, who I've tried unsuccessfully to get interested in helping to restore a Cruiser for her to drive. (She's not against the driving part, just the work!)

In closing (for those of you who are still awake), I think the TLCA is a great organization. If I'm chosen as EIR, I'll work hard to help us achieve our membership goals by promoting TLCA membership and helping new chapters get started, as well as listening to and acting upon the concerns of the current members.

Thanks,
Thom Placier

Welcome aboard Thom.
And thanks to everyone who is going to take the time to become more active in the TLCA.

On a side note, if you think you may want to do one of the jobs in the next election. Feal free to speek up any time. Ask the person doing the job now what it takes. It is fun work, that is also rewarding.

Congrats all you guys and good luck with it! It is really nice to know almost all of you guys in person and can say that you guys are all stand up guys... Even Erik believe it or not :flipoff2: Good luck with it all and nice to see you guys, all of you, supporting TLCA! (coming from this lowely TLCA member) :beer:

Mr. President Chef said TLCA needs volunteers .... so, By Gawd, I volunteered.

Mr. President Chef then said what TLCA needs is a secretary .... so I said, By Gawd, I'll shave my legs, buy me a few mini-skirts, and ya'll can call me a secretary.

As far as a 'bio' goes ....

Hell .... I'm Kowboy.

See, Now that's why I love this TLCA thing! I can get flack from darn near everyone! Or dish it out..
Anyone iterested in Volunteering holler.. We'll hook you up!
Welcome Kowboy.. FYI.. I hated the stubble so Quit shavin my legs a long time ago in this roll..

Update!

New news!
Liz Osting is stepping down as webmaster. Thanks for all your help to date Liz! Matt Farr, current MSVP was in on the bids when we awarded the job to Liz, and has expressed interest in this position. It's my intent to let him have it.
Which opens the MSVP position. Eric Vogt, (longtimeTLCA member, board member, and volunteer on the marketing committee) wants this position. I'd like him to have it, but am open to other sugtgestions. Matt Farr ran unoppsed for this in the december elections..

thanks, alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom