Darien Gap Jungle Expedition (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just saw that.
I'm not sure it is good news, but it is certainly promising.
Well, you have a point. Will the paramilitary groups take up the slack now?

IMG_4794.JPG

Latest upgrades weathering shakedown. Will need to modify bumper to add 1/2" winch plate to reduce bumper flex, and a water proof fan cooled trani cooler integral to the bumper. Besides that, all of the modifications made at Troll Hole make for one formidable Land Cruiser...

If I didn't have kids, was single, and 20 years younger, I'd join this expedition in a heartbeat. You guys got cojones, subscribed!

So, does the one guy that donated get his $25 back now that the GoF***Me campaign has been pulled? How does that work? Just curious.

First, I wasn't aware that the go fund me account was pulled, and I'm not sure where you anger comes from, but your sarcasm is duly noted.
Second, no one has indicated that the expedition has been terminated, albeit delayed until December of 17.
Third, if the expedition does get canceled for any reason, yes, the plan is to refund the money to any contributors. I believe all of us are gainfully employed, and I don't see anyone drooling over $25.00. We'll... Besides you apparently? ;)
So, does the one guy that donated get his $25 back now that the GoF***Me campaign has been pulled? How does that work? Just curious.

Read it again. I actually was just curious about what happens to donations when a funding campaign fails. I pinged on your link and it was gone. Yours' isn't the first one that I've seen garner little to no support, but it's the first one I ever noticed had disappeared.

Understood. I erroneously read it to be hostile. Not the first time I've done that! I hadn't been into that account since there was no activity with it. Perhaps I can reactivate it. If not, I will happily return the 25 dollar investment that one of our followers contributed. I am very grateful for his belief in us.
Read it again. I actually was just curious about what happens to donations when a funding campaign fails. I pinged on your link and it was gone. Yours' isn't the first one that I've seen garner little to no support, but it's the first one I ever noticed had disappeared.

Like McAuliffe said: "Nuts!"
No need for returning anything, I hope it goes forward. But after spending some time in my youth in that hot zone of the hemisphere, I would thread lightly even if I had an entire MEF watching my back.

But if you head back to Gulches, let me know, I am about 2:30 from there and looks like you guys do the impossible trails!

Mine is a 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ74 turbo diesel with 8000 lb winch, front and rear lockers, rock sliders, 32" Cooper Discoverer STT Pros. 1 1/2" spacers.
Planning on 3 vehicles, but 4 is the high end.
Other vehicles need to be equipped similarly or more so than mine.

After wheeling in Panama for several years I can suggest to equip your BJ to at least skinny 35's like the Fedima tires,regear it and carry 4 V-bar chains to get traction in that red clay they have there.

Whats the latest?

Yes. Updates?

Nothing on my end other than we kicked off the latest Expedition Overland season in Colombia last month and the Darien was discussed over and over :D

Nothing on my end other than we kicked off the latest Expedition Overland season in Colombia last month and the Darien was discussed over and over :D

Too bad there's been no updates on this. I'll admit I'm intrigued by the idea . We drove as far as Yaviza 2 years ago. On the way down I was thinking...c'mon...there's a way to drive across. Then I got to the end of the road, and thought maybe not. Anyway, with the right group, I'd be into giving it a try. Looks like this group has fizzled though, so I'll stop keeping an eye out for an ugly but sound BJ74.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom