Daihatsu fusible link in late-model truck - how much fun do I have ahead of me? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone seen a daihatsu fusible link in a late-model (or any) FJ40? This is what I'm up against. Picture is from when purchased.

P1020640sm.jpg

Installed in place of the voltage regulator (which is now on the DS fender). The bracket perfectly fits the VR bracket, but I haven't begun to trace the wires to see how it's installed.

Given that Toyota fusible links are not available, I am soliciting opinions on what to do. Keep? Tear in and replace? Am I getting into a larger project that I want to be in on?

The more I think about it, the more I think I might be trouble as this appears to be installed on the negative or ground side of the circuit.

Anyway, thoughts?

More pics of the fusible link (now off the truck and in the wiring box):
P1030733sm.jpg

P1030735sm.jpg

P1030736sm.jpg

P1030731sm.jpg

-Geoff

A fusible link is just another form of a fuse. It would be beneficial to know what it is wired to.

Looks much better than the OEM fusible-link setup on my BJ40.

Toyota did have a strong connection to Diahatsu (and maybe it still does) so it's got me wondering if it's in some way original (although I doubt it).

Here's the timing cover on my Toyota B-diesel engine..

Toyota symbol and part number one side:
Daihatsu01.jpg

But looking the other side of the crank pulley we see the Daihatsu symbol:
Daihatsu02.jpg

Daihatsu03.jpg

:beer:

That's a way better setup than just having the wires shaking around off the battery. Use it just make sure the right size wires are in and put it back into the original configuration.

Pete

Toyota owns Daihatsu, that is why =)

Thanks for all the input guys! It gives me some comfort. I'll be sure to update this once I tear into the harness to see where everything goes.

-Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom