CV BOOT TORN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fellas. Cheaper to just have mechanic replace with new one than mess with replacing it?

Anything on the market with stronger boots than factory/OEM?

Where can I order a factory unit? Can't locate anywhere. Seeing entire half axle assemblies for 100.00. Rather have brand new than rebuilt.

Links? Recommendations? Thanks.

By my OEM stuff from Onur @beno , send him a pm for price quote.

Highly encourage you to stay away from cheap replacements/rebuilt units. If you wheel a lot, I'd get a complete OEM unit, fix the take-off for back-up/spare.

The aftermarket ones I've seen fail (myself included) had inferior cages in the outer bell and the bell itself won't hold up once the innards malfunction. They put larger ball bearings in the outers, but that means the cages and the bell are wafer thin. They are not engineered for offroad anything. Kaboom! Luckily I was prepared and had my OEM takeoff for a spare.

Always buy OEM for CV assemblies.
2011-10_Cove (138).JPG

10-4......Appreciate it fellas. Gonna be 850.00 total just for the parts but better to replace both now and do it right, I reckon.........Need new ADD installed too so I guess I'm gonna knock it all out at once!!!

Before you install the new ADD actuator, take it apart and solder the leads from the motor to the connecting power pins. The current design is they simple rest against each other.
FrontDiff_2011-11-07 (3).jpg

Already did my Man! Thanks! Also, took some liquid electric tape and painted the joint. Figured it can't hurt. Checked with the Ohm meter too to make sure she was working..........If I have to, I can razor knife it apart to open it back up.

I'm on Toyota of dallas and looking for complete CV axle assembly.......Can anybody confirm below part #s?

Also, obviously the same for both sides, I'd imagine......Thanks again to everybody.

2007 FJ

CV Axle Assy - 43430-60061 ??? (Lady on phone sounded less than sure......)

Diff Seal - Passenger - 90311-47013 ???

Diff Seal - Driver - 90311-47012 ???

Last edited:
I'm on Toyota of dallas and looking for complete CV axle assembly.......Can anybody confirm below part #s?

Also, obviously the same for both sides, I'd imagine......Thanks again to everybody.

2007 FJ

CV Axle Assy - 43430-60061 ??? (Lady on phone sounded less than sure......)

Diff Seal - Passenger - 90311-47013 ???

Diff Seal - Driver - 90311-47012 ???

CV shaft Assy is 43430-60060 for my 2007.

interesting.......I reckon they upgraded or changed something.........Hopefully for the better??

upload_2016-1-14_16-35-49.png

upload_2016-1-14_16-35-29.png

Yeah, I did......He wants 418.00 per axle though. Toyota of Dallas sells 'em for 351.00 each.

So..............Somebody talk to me about these guys..........Will they just put more stress on the front diff or will they be worth the extra $$$ overall in the long run??

Lotus Heavy Duty Front CV Axles
Never heard of them, but sounds like they address the weak point of the standard axle assemblies. The outer joint is what usually blows up when over-stressed.

yeah, that's what I've read, as well..............Also, hear concerns of "When you replace a weak link with a stronger component it's only going to stress yet another one elsewhere down the line".......I mean, it makes sense.....My luck I'd blow the clamshell/front diff as a result.

Think I'm sticking with the factory part(s) from Toyota of Dallas.

You gotta be doing something really stupid (*points finger at himself) to break one catastrophically, but they do wear out and start clicking. That's when I replace and then keep the old one for a trail spare. Used OEM > new NAPA/RockAuto when it comes to spares, especially when you are out in the middle of nowhere on a trail.

10-4........Yeah, appreciate it. Keeping my other that's not destroyed to reboot/rehaul and keep as a spare.......That is, assuming the 43430-60061's I listed above DO actually fit!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom