Builds Cruisermatt's FJ62 Build-up (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't think of it till now, but I've read that the input thrust bearings can die during low speed use in these transmissions due to lack of lubing. Apparently a fix is to overfull by a quart.

I put an extra quart in through the shift tower with my new trans last year.
I haven’t heard of this before, interesting. I just chalked it up to bad luck, plus these bearings are super cheap, the only option out there is like $8.

Use, break, learn, fix. Life.

What is your DD?

Mostly my 5-speed 530i I picked up back in October. Into the whole car for about $3k including wheels/tires, amp, Carplay head unit. Bought it with intention of boosted LS swap but will more likely end up doing that to a nicer example instead.

06F40342-03AB-4073-92DE-EB9B09992D49.jpeg

Mostly my 5-speed 530i I picked up back in October. Into the whole car for about $3k including wheels/tires, amp, Carplay head unit. Bought it with intention of boosted LS swap but will more likely end up doing that to a nicer example instead.

View attachment 3609060

The welded diff I did made that car so much better, lol.

Wheels look tight.

I haven’t heard of this before, interesting. I just chalked it up to bad luck, plus these bearings are super cheap, the only option out there is like $8.

Give it a shot, see if the trans lasts longer this time around.

1200 mile trip this weekend for ONSC Carolina Relic Run.. no issues at all other then two injectors becoming unplugged for some reason, and the turbo is still dumping oil. Nothing that actually required any wrenching on the trip.
I actually didn’t drive the truck at all on this trip, other than about 2-3 minutes on one trail to show off a little. I was in my 75 FJ40, and on the way home it was cold and wet and I was envious of Dale in the 62.

Super weird seeing this truck running around from the outside. So this is what everyone else sees :lol:

1DD55400-18F7-45CE-9241-72AAC6C74160.jpeg
D4AB9B82-A3F6-4C30-B825-1AED135F6C57.jpeg
BF440BE0-A78E-4DC6-8469-62299ADAFA76.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom