Cottonland Overland Opine Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
Subscribed.

Few places that I want to knock out in the not too terribly distant future:

Moab--Kokopellli trail, white rim, etc
Death Valley
Grand Teton

I know nothing about heading east...I'm sure there are some solid destinations out there but have never looked into it.

And will always throw in a few trips into northern Ark each year. I've been very impressed the few times I've been up there. 5-6 hours away and lots of bang for your buck. Don't know if I can hold out till the SCC pre-run. Buddy and I are talking about piling into the 100 and taking our kids up on a quick trip in a few weeks. Pre-SCC pre-run.

Let me know when the pre trip is. I could do Sept 26th but that's it.

There are tons of back roads in the national Forests around Asheville. Most are just gravel roads.

Windrock is on my list. Harlan Kentucky. There are tons of trails around Clayton OK that are overland camping style.

Wheeled my 100 all over windrock. Loved it

Wheeled Tetons in a 4runner with a buddy. Beautiful beautiful place. Jackson hole is good enough for han solo so its good enough for me!

Subscribed.

Has anybody done the K-Trail?

Never the whole thing. We used it for lots of the Clayton runs back in the day. There are some beautiful spots. It's high up on my list

This>There are tons of back roads in the national Forests around Asheville. Most are just gravel roads. There are numerous great places to go in eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina, including Windrock, like Nolen mentioned. I've not been offroad in KY but it sounds great. Also, I've not driven them, but I understand there are multitudes of abandoned mining railroad beds in WV, which is a remarkably beautiful state.

Maybe it's because it's where I've done most of my driving exploration, but I seem to always be drawn back to the Appalachians (anywhere from Birmingham north to mid-WV.) It's a beautiful, verdant landscape.

Ha was just typing a comment on verdant. Had to google it. Outstanding.

Love where this thread is going...

truck camp and car fish here. it would be one of those weekends you think about when your in your nursing home.

It is a short hike to the Buff River, White River confluence. Great fishing, fresh water supply great open field. I went there one day in the handy when I was camping down the road. This place is really cool. Maybe do it in OCT? LOL.

I'm old. Older than I should be. But... I have been to Mountain View many times and have enjoyed this show over several years. Combining this with a jaunt through the woods would be my cup of tea ( or espresso if you prefer). I am in!

truck camp and car fish here. it would be one of those weekends you think about when your in your nursing home.

It is a short hike to the Buff River, White River confluence. Great fishing, fresh water supply great open field. I went there one day in the handy when I was camping down the road. This place is really cool. Maybe do it in OCT? LOL.

Fishing good there in the spring?

Casting will be....drinking will be......eating will be......relaxing not giving 2 s***s will be.....

Nolan coming in 5..........4................................3.................................................2.................................................1 to bitch about us f'ing his tread.

:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom