Big Bend July 16-18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
I'm headed to Big Bend on Wednesday July 15 after work.

I'll be staying in the Chisos Basin campground Thursday - Saturday then cannonballing home on Sunday the 19th

I'm planning on hiking in the morning and driving back roads in the heat of the day.

Will likely eat dinner at Terlingua Friday night

It's 1000 miles each way. There will be lots of food consumed along the way.

It is cool in the Basin at night. 60-65 degrees. There won't be any camping to and from due to the TX heat.

It is a magical place. Meet me there if you like.

http://www.nps.gov/bibe/index.htm

Dang..... I need a truck.

Sounds awesome.

I'm headed to Big Bend on Wednesday July 15 after work.

I'll be staying in the Chisos Basin campground Thursday - Saturday then cannonballing home on Sunday the 19th

I'm planning on hiking in the morning and driving back roads in the heat of the day.

Will likely eat dinner at Terlingua Friday night

It's 1000 miles each way. There will be lots of food consumed along the way.

It is cool in the Basin at night. 60-65 degrees. There won't be any camping to and from due to the TX heat.

It is a magical place. Meet me there if you like.

http://www.nps.gov/bibe/index.htm

fun stuff. I will be chalaxin in Perdido that week. I want a 2x tshirt and some stickers from Terlingua purty please...

If that was closer to HiH dates I would roll with you and head up after. But can't make the 16th.

If you are through Monroe to or from around breakfast/lunch/dinner holla at me.

Last edited:
If I'm goin 1000 miles in any direction in July it's gonna be North. Y'all have fun

Damn wrong week for me. I don't want to put 2k miles on stitches on my ball saq or I would be in.

sig line!!!!!!!

Yeah. I love the desert but the only way this is possible in July is Chisos Basin. It very cool at night.

My 100 a/c will take care of the afternoons.

My favorite time for Big Bend as it is low season. No one is there much ever but really not in July/August

Beautiful part of the country
BigBend-09 (65).JPG
BigBend-09 (103).JPG

Messican horses
BigBend-09 (117).JPG
BigBend-09 (148).JPG

Just had a guy from TX tell me about a run they are doing here in late October...may try and make that.

image.jpg

My first trip to Big Bend was camping the Rio Grande from Lajitas through Santa Elena Canyon in 1988. We trailered a 1/2 dozen canoes behind my 3.0 4Runner from Oxford to Big Bend.

No cell phones. No money to speak of. 10% if us had paddled whitewater.

Adventure of all adventures to include donkeys, peyote, broken paddles, sunken canoes and old Mexico.

I need to scan those pictures
image.jpg

Who you think you are talking to Cam? You know the boy is gonna take pics! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom