Cottonland Hunting/Shooting Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stag Arms 6.8 SPC

Lower is a "true" 6.8 that I've had for a while. Upper and all components (BCG, charging handle, etc) are new and unfired. Also comes with one new PMAG.

$750
SPC.jpg

Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T 1-3x14mm illuminated (Mil-Dot) tactical scope. Designed for use on an AR platform, I had this mounted on a .308 SOCOM for a while and it did great! And of course, backed by Leupold's great lifetime warranty.

$700

IMG_4644.JPG

Once upon a time... kids made their own SBRs. In high school shop class.

Check out this .22 pistol. My grandfather made it from a rifle, supposedly in his high school shop class.

This was back when they actually had machine shops in high schools and kids had .22 bolt action rifles instead of BB guns.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back when kids had some home training and respected authority! Hell the guys with trucks had shotguns in their back windows in high school! Today they'd call the SWAT team in!

Too late - everyone who's posted here is already been tracked into the Dem's we're-just-biding-our-time confiscation list

Turcotte Shooting Range

Anyone been there? We were at Orvis on Sat bumming about and letting C take a refresher casting course - much prefer a patient instructor to tell her to use the arm not the wrist, stop sooner on the back cast, etc... than me doing it. Saw the card ad for the place on a table w/ MS Fish & Wildlife guys

Before you go and judge me.... This was the first time I shot a pistol with a red dot optic mounted to the slide... it takes a minute to un learn everything your grandpa taught you about shootin... this was in like april.

Last edited:
Yeah. It's first class

Is indeed. Had a little free time yesterday afternoon to go check it out - welcoming staff, very nice facility, enjoyed it.

Is indeed. Had a little free time yesterday afternoon to go check it out - welcoming staff, very nice facility, enjoyed it.

I haven't shot anything but sporting clays there in years. I'm not sure how it is now, but 6-7 years ago I felt like I was risking my life on the pistol range. I got to see so many guns, muzzle end first!

This was before the massive renovation and change in leadership. Hopefully safety rules are enforced.

Last edited:
IMG_1613.JPG
Unrelated, if anybody is in the market for a good deal in a clean Les Baer 1911, holler at me. It's low round count, but has been carried for a couple years. I just feel like 8+1 isn't enough in Jackson, so it sits in the safe... with my other, much more worn Les Baer. Asking $1500 with 2 wilson mags.

I can send more pics if interested. I prefer FTF somewhere in Central MS.

10.5" noveske barrel. Noveske NSR rail. Iron city full mass gray comp bolt. Pairing with a noveske Gen III lower and a geissele SD-G3 trigger.

View attachment 1298081

How are you liking that setup? I've got a buddy that is getting hammer follow with the sd3g trigger on his sbr while suppressed and his research says it is a pretty common problem.

I've got the s3g trigger in my sbr, but haven't run it suppressed to see if I have the same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom