Costco pulled pork. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
(For anyone who has not tried it).
A quick easy home or on the trail meal this is one of our top choices. It will provide several meals for the family or stuff a large group.

Comes in it's own 15 minute boil bag.
101_0335.jpg
Which will almost double in size when forked..
101_0339.jpg
Yummy sammich, just add some go-with's.
101_0340.jpg

Mixed with eggs, cheese, spuds, and green chilis the next morning, makes a mighty fine breakfast burro.
101_0335.jpg
101_0339.jpg
101_0340.jpg

I've bought their pork carnitas and have been pleased every time! To be honest I've gotten burned so many times on pre-cooked, packaged pulled pork I dismissed it at Costco when I saw it. I'll have to try it now based upon your recommendation!:beer:

I tasted the Jack Daniels pork at Costco, very good.:D

I haven't tried their pulled pork yet, but I have had their carnitas many times. The carnitas are excellent.

Having said that, I usually just buy the huge package of boneless pork shoulder, take 1 of the 2 that are in the package...saving the 2nd one for a later date (in the freezer). I'll take that boneless pork shoulder, season it up liberally with my rub mixture...but garlic salt and pepper will work in a pinch. The shoulder goes into a dutch oven. The dutch oven goes into a 250 degree oven for 8 hours -- if you do it before going to bed, you wake up to the enticing aroma of slow-roasted pork. Pull the falling-apart pork shoulder out of the dutch oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Pull the pork and serve as you wish...some bbq sauce for sandwiches or throw some in the frying pan to crisp up for carnitas.

Good stuff and very easy to prepare.

Atticus said:
Any liquid?

Me? No liquid when I start, but there's a bunch that renders out when it's done. I know it sounds a bit unorthodox, but it turns out quite nice.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom