Cooper AT3 balance issue (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
got some AT3 put on a couple of weeks ago and have had them rebalanced 3 times now and still getting a vibration at 70 and above. Has anyone else ever had issues with them?

I don't have experience with those specific tires, but have you done the basics:
  • Ensure wheel(s) are not out of round?
  • Inspect tires for out of round?
  • Inspect tires for sidewall defects inside and out?
  • Inspect tires for tread area defects inside and out?
  • Taken it to a shop that's willing to spin the tire on the wheel so they're not having to use as much weight to balance?
It's not horribly uncommon to get a brand new tire that has a defect.

Also, were you getting any vibration prior to the mount and balance of the new tires? Plenty of suspension/ball joint/bushings/bearings can also cause vibrations.

I was not getting any vibrations prior. I have not taken it to another shop due to current shops willingness to keep trying to make it right and I have been going there for years. Inspection didn't reveal anything out of ordinary with the tire. A buddy at work got the same tire and size on his f150 and said he had same issue but it went away after 1k miles.

Not the same issue but may point you in the right direction. Also, where do you feal the vibration. If you feel it under your butt its a rear tire issue, try rotating to front. If its the front then its a front tire issue, try rotating to back. If after this amount of time your still having a problem, consider a replacement set all the way around.

Diagnosing Tire Pull

I remembered reading a while back it looked like there were some issues with the AT3 out of one of their plants (Mexico I think) and they had a pretty large batch that had serious balance issues. Maybe try getting a hold of Cooper to see if they have any ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom