CMCC 2007 Pics & Stories (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I figured since I couldn't make it this year I'll get the ball rolling on a "live from..." or at least "it was..." thread.

Post 'em up!!!

:beer:

so far, nuthin much.....sittin in camp right now, watchin the tech/reg gang get setup...

Cam has the worlds largest new tent...even comes with a doggie door...

a SWEET right hand drive FJ40 had a fuel leak...apparrently, you need to block off the return fuel line once you install a weber...hehehe

Remember...sausage nuggets and beer

Stopped up for a bit last night. Meant the cuneye Woody :flipoff2:, Phraedus, and a few others. Saw OMD, Wench, Brian, Joe, Bob B., Gary, Matt, Tom and spent some great time with JimC.

Wish I'd had a video camera to capture Woody almost getting some FJ carnage as he drove over a grill :D

Many thanks to the hard working GCLC folk who put this event together.
Its become the highlight of my summer.

On Thursday I had the honor of leading a group. Included was the Trail Team and a bunch
of FJC's and another 40. We did mostly greens. Blues were a little time consuming for
some of the inexperienced drivers. The Trail Team members were great to have on hand
for that section. Everyone got through without any damage.

On Friday myself, David and a lifelong cruiserhead who we finally convinced to come
out to a event, ran a nice 3 truck group on blues. We have been wheeling with this guy
for a very long time. he has owned the white 40 for 26 years. It was really nice to be out
on different trails together other than our hometown track.

On Saturday my 40 decided not to run so well. So I rode with Cruiserhead for the day.
We did Rock Creek. That trail is more dangerous to walk than it is to ride. Lotta fun.
Enjoy some pics.
100_1313.jpg
100_1318.jpg
100_1325.jpg

CMCC

Greetings fellow miners.

Rich here, long time listener, first time caller.

Just got back from CMCC early this morning (1ish).

Most excellent time was had by me (and many others). Weather was perfect, campground less than perfect. Trails were great, people were great, everything was great.

Ran with Gary/Matt Thurs and Fri, did mostly greens, some blueish, definitely at the limits of my stock FJC abilities. Learned from Gary get out early with a fairly short (nothing personal) group.

Friday, led with Tom as co-pilot, small group, same as above mostly greens, some bluish. Not sure if we should call them bleens or grues.

Met some great people, and good resources for "the project".

Can't wait to see more pictures, post up if you got em.

I will throw some pics up later, For now I am home, I am clean, and all me gear is put away. had a great time watching lovey exercise patience with the newer guys. This was the first time I have wheeled in the new to me 40 and my first time trying out wheeling on the east coast.
Met a lot of people, spotted the destruction of a running board, Had the most creative use of a winch in a trail repair, and found an event I will be sure to attend next year. Good to meet all of you.

Dave, Or Phaedrus, or the guy with the ugly hat and the poo brown 40.

Way to go Lovey!!!

Great pics dude!!

Wish I could have been there for the Doube D and the brown outs!!!

Later
-o-

I will throw some pics up later, For now I am home, I am clean, and all me gear is put away. had a great time watching lovey exercise patience with the newer guys. This was the first time I have wheeled in the new to me 40 and my first time trying out wheeling on the east coast.
Met a lot of people, spotted the destruction of a running board, Had the most creative use of a winch in a trail repair, and found an event I will be sure to attend next year. Good to meet all of you.

Dave, Or Phaedrus, or the guy with the ugly hat and the poo brown 40.
Or in the poo ugly guy in the hat :D

I just want to give a quick shout out to all the hard working folks that did another outstanding job at this years CMCC.

Mike Stevens
Brian O'Laughlin
Dave Crum
Mark Woytovich
Officer Bob & Sherry

While the camping situation left something to be desired, the attendees of the event rose to the occasion and made the best of it. You people are the best.

Tires swapped, gear away, kids fed and showered, laundry running, can't stop smiling.

Thank you one and all. I had a blast.

I had an awesome time! Rausch Creek is great! I did all black trails. My crawler box worked very well. I'm very pleased. I met alot of old friends and gained some new ones.
Carnage:
I bent a tie rod on friday. It was pushed all the way back to the oil pan. Thanks to Dave (Phaedrus) and Greg (blue 40 with horns) we used a winch to bend it back . Then back at camp I took it off and slammed it straight on a tree. People suggested I not wheel Saturday as it would bend again.Screw that I'm wheeling. I don't give up easy. I did all blacks on Saturday with no issues.
Knocked pass rear fender flare off. No biggie.
I cleaned house On the raffle Saturday night. I won:
Hi-Lift jack
$100 gift certificate to Cruiserparts
Stop & Go tire repair kit
Stand out people:
Dave (Phaedrus) Cool guy
The buggy guy forgot his name but he really impressed me. Loved talking to him.
The dude with the tiger striped FJ40 on 38's. Thanks for the ride!
All in all it was a great week. I will post some video soon.
Oh yeah Echo Valley campground gets two thumbs down from me.

I had a blast and as always the CMCC group puts on one of the greatest event. If only officer bob will whell the 4runner. Ha Ha

What a great time that was. Can't wait to do it again next year. The only bad thing I got to say is Echo valley sucks. I don’t blame the CMCC organizers for that, they did what they could.

Here are some pics. I’ll get more on my site and post a link when I get some time. Might even do some video edit and post that as well.

1st pic is my 60 in the line up on the first day, Jim and Bob are in the back there and Brian is checking to see if all the drivers are ready to go.

2nd pic is Greg wheeling his SOA setup for the first time and loving it.

3rd pic is Wrench, good job bending that tie rod man.
100_4857.JPG
100_5174.JPG
100_5168.JPG

I just want to give a quick shout out to all the hard working folks that did another outstanding job at this years CMCC.

Mike Stevens
Brian O'Laughlin
Dave Crum
Mark Woytovich
Officer Bob & Sherry
Jon Held
Fixed the list for you Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom