1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch went to floor FJ60

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by landtoy80, Apr 20, 2003.

1. landtoy80

landtoy80

I drove 40 mi and stopped, drove on to grass in a ditch and got back on road. Went to stop sign and pushed the clutch in and the pedel went to floor. I pushed it a couple times and it came back. Drove home with no problems.
    What would cause this? I have some noise from bearings in the trany but it has been that way for the last three years.
    kurt 87 FJ60 190,000 mi

2. theferg

theferg

Media:
    Have you checked the fluid level in the clutch master cylinder?  Mine did that and I thought the thing was totally srewed until I checked in the clutch master and there was no fluid!!! :slap:  I filled it up and a few days later the same thing happened.  The fluid was just draining right out onto the drivers side floor.  Bought a new clutch master and slave and threw them in and haven't had trouble since.  It's been a little over a year ago now.  HTH

3. landtoy80

landtoy80

It is full of fluid. Last year I sucked out the old fluid and filled it up with new. The old fluid was like gear oil it was so thick. Maybe I should blead the system. I will look in manual to see how to do it.
    kurt

4. landtoy80

landtoy80

I just blead the clutch fluid. I will see what happens.
    kurt