Can you get a smog check? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can take it to any smog place and do a pre-check. That should tell you what you want to know.

That's sick. :confused:

No, good idea. I had a buddy with a shop and a sniffer in Sac...used his sniffer to fine-tune my idle. Found out I had a lean idle miss that a few turns of the idle mixture screw fixed.

My mission tomorrow.

I am trading my 1988 Heep that i built years ago. I will be getting in trade a perfectly running 1972 or 1973 FJ40. The 40 has 1000 miles on it that was rebuilt and has 33 inch tires all ready for driving and future modding.. not mudding but modding then mudding... LOL It was originally from Arizona..My friend has bad knees so has not driven it hardly 200 miles in past several years.. But i started it yesterday and it purrs like a kitten. I will be swapping off the Weber it has and putting an aisin on it or trollhole carb.

You can also weld an O2 sensor bung into your exhaust to hook up a wide band O2 reader to dial in your carb settings and such...wait you're in CA and you don't need a smog check?

'76 and later model years...

Wow, that's less strict than here in Denver!

some counties here don't require smog checks. very rural, and not near major population centers like SF or LA.

Okay, that's very similar to how Colorado is set up. Didn't know Cali was like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom