Can I install toyota LC rear air deflector on my Lx470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a 2001 lx470 and want to add the rear air deflector from the lc. Everything looks the same back there. Can I do it. I want to use the earlier black style. Thanks

Yes you can no problem. I put one on my 98LX. Just have to line it up and mark the brackets. I put masking tape under the brackets to help mark the holes and drilled them. You will want to touch the holes with some type of paint to stop the bare metal from rusting. I used clear fingernail polish. Made a difference on dusty roads leaving much less dust on the back of the LX. Theoretically helps with fuel mileage as well. Definitely worth doing.

I am glad i did.

Easy peasy

TLC Dan

Well I kind of think they look naked without the deflector and do think it helps with the dust. The oem part and instalition kit run about $175.00 Just was not sure if it was the same for the lc and lx. the hatch on the back looks the same to me just curious if someone had done this. Thanks

It can be done. You'll need to drill holes in the hatch, put in some nutserts and obtain said deflector.

Frankly if I could remove mine without leaving holes I would. Don't do it.

Lets just swap out lift gates and we will both be happy. Oh I forgot, east coast/west coast problem. Ha Ha

Yes you can no problem. I put one on my 98LX. Just have to line it up and mark the brackets. I put masking tape under the brackets to help mark the holes and drilled them. You will want to touch the holes with some type of paint to stop the bare metal from rusting. I used clear fingernail polish. Made a difference on dusty roads leaving much less dust on the back of the LX. Theoretically helps with fuel mileage as well. Definitely worth doing.

I am glad i did.

Easy peasy

TLC Dan

Did you use the land cruiser part and install kit? Where did you get it?

The LX has two different rear spoilers, one is the same as the one on the LC; however, the one on the LX was painted the same color as the body. The LC was left black.

My rear air deflector is clipped to the rear of the LX and is genuine Toyota.
Don't remember to see any holes

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

Whammy!

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

What's the cut off as when and why some trucks had them and some don't? I have a 06 and have no deflector on it.

Anyone have one of these that they want to get rid of. I am going to paint it to match my truck anyway.:cheers::clap::clap::steer:

I bought mine from someone on this forum for $40 i think. It was the LC one.

Checked mine yesterday, no holes to be drilled.
It clamps around the edges.
Unless you guys have a different type of dust deflector?

Will do tonight.

Just picked up a 2001 lx470 and want to add the rear air deflector from the lc. Everything looks the same back there. Can I do it. I want to use the earlier black style. Thanks

My 01 LX came with the deflector. It should work just fine.

Some pictures of my dust deflector, genuine Toyota accessories.

IMG_6242.jpg

IMG_6244.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

Oh, interesting! I've actually never seen a rear deflector like that one, Wilsil. Did you purchase it? When/where/cost?

It came with the car and this one is very common in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom