brakes question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i did the tundra brake upgrade for my 98. didnt use oem, but quality aftermarket stuff. i used pads and calipers (199mm) from akebono and brembo blank rotors. sourced for a 2000 tundra V8 4X4.

you should be OK with quality reman'd stuff. just send back your runner calipers for cores. pads and rotors are comparable prices to decent aftermarket stuff, but the calipers (up here anyway) were mucho $$$$ so i went with reman'd stuff.

no more wheel shake under heavy braking.

do you know about what you spent on that stuff..... I just called a dealer and their price for 4 runner junk was

pads $69.95
rotors $109.00 each
shims $54.00

so I would guess Cdan would be less than that...

Check out www.trdparts4u.com. I always get a better price on stuff from them. What I usually do is print out there prices and take them down to my local dealership, they will give me "internet" pricing on my parts.

The best breaks I have run on my taco, and I've run many different pads, are plain old Toyota pads and a clean, turned set of rotors. The toyota pads last longer, stay quite, and don't turn everything black up front. They also break better than ANYTHING I've been able to find on the aftermarket. Price wise, they were only a few dollars more at around 45.00 I believe. I'm just talking from experience.

why do you keep saying toyota junk. toyota is the best on the market right now and you are driving one now aren't you!

why do you keep saying toyota junk. toyota is the best on the market right now and you are driving one now aren't you!

I refer to all my stuff as "junk" been drivin toyota junk for years and yea I got a few of them :) try to catch up :)

I had the same problem you were having- looked into doing the Tundra brake upgrade. Was warping rotors within a couple of hundred miles.

A buddy of mine has All-Data or Mitchells On-line, and he asked if I had tried the "upgraded" Toyota pads?

I called C-Dan and got the upgraded pads- put on new high-quality US made rotors (not Chinese crap). That was 10,000 miles ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom