Boat power trim/power tilt question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in need of a two way 12v hydraulic pump - and it needs to be cheap. I can buy a good condition used or rebuilt power trim or power tilt pump for boating for cheap. My question is whether they are power up gravity/spring down, or are are they power up, power down?

If they're power up and down, they should work perfect for my intended use.

Thanks,

jetboy

Also - what about power convertible top pumps? I think they are power both ways??? - anyone know? and any idea on what pressure they use?

Im pretty sure outboard tilt pumps are power both ways. They have to lift up and down and hold a heavy motor in one place during rough conditions. I think Attwood makes the pumps and cylinders.

Thanks. I'm wanting to add power angle to my home built snowplow. It's a low budget project more or less for the fun of doing it. I don't need power angle. I just plow my own driveway and a couple friends if I'm feeling friendly. Just thought it might be a kinda fun afternoon project sometime if the pump was cheep enough.

Tilt pumps are around $100 for a good used one, power convertible pumps can be found for around $30-50. The convertible pumps are only 350-500psi, which might work . Any idea what tilt pumps run?

Last edited:
I have an old DC power unit that you might be able to use.-power both ways. I'll get pics tomorrow and send. It moves ~ 4"-it's old and ragged, but it works--yours for the ride if you want.

Thanks for the offer sggoat! That's very generous of you.

I think I have a solution that might be easier to throw together, although probably not as good as hydraulics using a small atv winch and splitting the drum, then winding two cable in opposite directions so as it pulls on one cable it releases slack on the other. Then just mount it and run one cable to each side. It's not as good as a hydraulic pump and cylinder setup, but then again this is just a toy for my own personal use.

I'll put up some pics if I get it working.
Basically this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sBzZ3zIBLvk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom