Black Hills Cruiser Classic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1100 mile, nice. I have a few things to do to the truck before a long trip.

Change fluids
Change TRE's (anyone know where I left my pickle fork)
Set valves

Time is sparse but if the TRE's go well, valves and oil is easy. I have driven the truck for about 10 hours but this will be 16. It cruises best at about 55mph.

I would leave on Wednesday evening and arrive sometime Thursday afternoon. Is there trail rides on Friday and Saturday?

Kevin

I would leave on Wednesday evening and arrive sometime Thursday afternoon. Is there trail rides on Friday and Saturday?

Kevin

Yes there are trail rides on Friday and Saturday...

:beer:

I would have a seat in the 100 series, but it is not near as cool as a 45 so it would be down grade for you :D

Hey CTHOR, it looks like I'll have the 45 ready for the trip, so if you want to ride with me, you're welcome. Same for you mep1811. See you there.

I like driving cross country in old rigs. Doesn't matter where you stop you always have a few people come over to ask questions or tell stories about the rig.

I'm looking forward to the trip. If only it would cool down a bit.

45Kevin

NailbenderJerry turned 41...
ft01.jpg
ft02.jpg
ft03.jpg

Steph and I just got back to Des Moines, and wanted to drop a quick note thanking the DTC for hosting a grade A event! For someone who has never wheeled in the area and not knowing what to expect, the trail descriptions fit the bill to a tee and the trail leaders did a great job. Steph had never wheeled prior to this event, and was a bit reluctant to come with me. Her exact words after the first trail ride on Thursday where: 'That was so much fun!' I can't thank you all enough!

We talked on the way home (all 10 hours of it) and we will be back next year!

Thanks to all the DTC members for their effort in putting together a great event!

-packman

DSC03339.jpg

Roger all that. Hats off to Keith for running a first class campground. My first trip to the BHCC and a great experience!:beer:

I was able to put faces with a lot of names that i kinda knew. Everyone was very kind and considerate of my novice ability. Greg Mumm knows the dope on the Black Hills and is a damn fine spotter, too. Rhonda rocks! Thanks DTC and to everyone else I met and did not piss off;)

Poser.............Thanks for working on my truck and twisting my arm on going to the "hills":beer:

Ed

Thank you DTC! My wife, daughter and I had an awesome time! You folks always put on a top notch event! I gotta put in a plug for the dinner too....WOW!!!!

Great folks, great campground, great trails and great food! Pretty hard to beat that!

Boy what a good time. Todd and I met some really good folks. Here are some of my pics.

Sorry for the re-sized quality, maybe I need to cough up $20 for another year of good service from Woody.

Pics are breakfast on the 45 tailgate, Poser posing and the Dinner / Raffle.
FJ45-Breakfast.jpg
Hal-John-Poser.jpg
Dinner-Crowd.jpg

More pics.

1. FJC working around the corner on Jake berry.
2. A couple of a-holes nursing hang overs. :flipoff2:
3. Airing down at the beginning of Jake Berry.

Jake-Berry-FJC.jpg
Hal-John-2.jpg
Jake-Berry-Airdown.jpg

What a Awesome Time

One of the if not the best times Brendan, Tisha and I have ever had. What a blast and what cool people. I never met so many Steve's in one place . Can't wait til next year.

Thank you all who hosted us at the BHCC. We had the best time!!! Sarah wants to come back with us next year. It is always so great to see all of our friends from all over again, its like a family reunion.
Alex, Sarah, Lance and I really had a wonderful vacation thanks to the beautiful Black Hills, all our great friends and all the hard work you all did to put on this event.

Thanks bunches

Debie

It is all of you wonderful people who come up here and play with us that really make it worth it all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are all the greatest.
Until next year!
Rhonda

DTC you guys put on a top notch event! Thanks much. Wendy and I had a great time and are looking forward to next year. I haven't had that much fun on the trail in a long time.

Next year I'll be pushing for more TAC folks to make the trip. They don't know what they're missing.

Only one down side to our vaca up north. We "lost" two of our swamper's somewhere in western KS on the way home. At this point it looks like they were stolen because they were strapped down tight. I drove back to where I know I had all five but nothing on the side of the road. What a bitch since our deductible is $500 and replacements will be $600 and change, not worth the hassle with the insurance company.

Again, kudos to DTC and all the folks that worked so hard to make it happen. You guys rock!!!

Only one down side to our vaca up north. We "lost" two of our swamper's somewhere in western KS on the way home. At this point it looks like they were stolen because they were strapped down tight.

That sucks! Them were purdy tires. Sorry for your loss. What a pisser.:frown:

Ed

Black Hills

You DTC guys put on a great event. I put on 2615 miles total. My truck is in the shop and might have to take the spring shop to small claims court. I met a great bunch of people and hope to get back next year.

I have some pictures on my webshots sit on my sig line. If I have a shot you want and want full size copy let me know.

OK.....Rhonda is slacking.....where's the pics lady?

Did I see Frydaddy?????

Can't wait to see you guys out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom