Best anti theft trickery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh hell, you could just drive it into the Glades and submerge it! That way no one will see it! :D :D

5 days is a long time. Find someone living in the area and pay him to park your car at his place. Work out the details.

Kalawang

LX_TREME said:
And make sure you gotta chain 'em around big tree, coconut tree or something solid otherwise they'll cut the tree fold the back seats down and take the tree with them... :D

Even though it would be hard for a small thief to lift a chain over a mature coconut tree, there just aren't many coconut trees in some parts of the world, for instance Alaska. It would be good if we could decide on a tree that is found everywhere. Pine, maybe? Just thinking out loud. ;)

David

I knew a guy back in my Jeep days that had a cool system he invented himself. He rigged up a circuit that he placed inline with his EFI circuit I think it was. He basically got a switch that would close when you placed a magnet infront of it, and mounted it behind his dash. To start the truck, you had to hold a magnet in front of a certain spot on the dash. Totally stealth.

OZCAL said:
Even though it would be hard for a small thief to lift a chain over a mature coconut tree, there just aren't many coconut trees in some parts of the world, for instance Alaska. It would be good if we could decide on a tree that is found everywhere. Pine, maybe? Just thinking out loud. ;)

David
We don't have pine's :mad:
We only have ugly black spruce fire sticks :mad:
Even our purdy white birch never seem to fill out, maybe it's just where I live :crybaby:
I like the above Dog idea :D

cruiserdan said:
A nice big Rottie in the back maybe?

Not practical though for long term I suppose.

Not true, get a timer feeder and a bucket o water to keep him energized but not enough to fill his belly - hungry Rot makes for good protection:D

** No animals were harmed in the writing of this email

if they can't steall it, they are going to slash the tires, bust the windows, graffit/key the paint...not sure whats better, come back and the truck still there w/the theft deterent devices usedand the truck is trashed....or just stolen....get someone else to tow the boat...or leave the 80 with someone

"Guys, we have your extra ammo with us. We'll meet you here at the truck."

That's it. No date. No times. Nothing for them to go on. All they know is some guys have guns and they'll be meeting here some time soon. Maybe very soon. Maybe not.[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious!

Find some good ole boys in the area and have them drive your car to where your trip will end. I'd bring a bow and some arrows for protection and a banjo for a little music though. You might want to think about bringing an extra canoe as well.

5 days? No way. That rig will be hoisted onto a rogue flatbed and on it's way to Haiti before the next sunrise. Doesn't matter what you "do" to it.

EDPA said:
Find some good ole boys in the area and have them drive your car to where your trip will end. I'd bring a bow and some arrows for protection and a banjo for a little music though. You might want to think about bringing an extra canoe as well.

Some swampers and farmers to be found but a whole lot of non-english speaking Mexicans and other short latino types. These are the guts that work for the Dole Fruit plantation, etc I' d check with some of the local fishing guides for guidance - in and around lower Lake Okeechobee - in advance of going there. Also insect repellent - lots!

Why not anchor it to the ground somehow, I'm feeling some quickrete and an auger, and some kind of bolt to the frame, hell, just make things hard. Or have 200 volts of electricity pass through the body, that way it knocks the thief out, maybe long enough for you to catch him and castrate him.

I don't get it... people leave their Land Cruisers? You mean like walk away from it where you can't see it?

Guy I used to know wired up a spare ignition coil to his driver's door handle.
Opening the door collapsed the field and the offender got 24k volts. (Only works if the car has a path to ground, like a piece of chain hanging from the frame.)
There is also a club-type steering wheel lock that has a built in taser. Just remember to put a plastic tarp over the driver's seat and floor. :)

I don't know of a source, but a car boot like the assholes at downtown parking lots use would really do the trick. Would also deter towing it away.

Siffen out all the GAs from you truck and take it onto the boat w/ you. No GAS = not getting anywhere even if they start it. I doubt theives carry gas w/ them. Then just put it back in your rig when you get back.

-Sam-

i live in miami if you want to leave it at the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom