are conical non conical rim interchangeable on a 95 LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the opportunity to pic up a set of oem LC rims with bfg all terrain tires on them for a very good price. this is a great opportunity to have spare set of wheels so i can swap out my nice new mud terrains and put on the allterrains on my DD. only concern is the guy selling the LC wheels (that look exactly like mine)says his are non conical. my 1995 LC looks to have conical. is it safe to put non conical rims on my 80 series? if so do i only need to get different lug nuts to make it work? thanks

Just the lug nuts far as I know.

Old style uses acorn nuts and are non-hub centric. Newer style use a shaft style nut and are hub centric. They can both be used with their proper lug nuts.

I thought that all the acorn style wheels were 15" and the hub centrics were 16".

15" wheels will not work on a FZJ.

As long as they can clear the brake caliper you're GTG. Some say theirs fit fine and some say that had to grind the caliper.

my 1995 LC has conical/acorn... sounds like the general belief is that with the right lug nut were good to go. I'm going to test it and let you all know. thank you all for the help it is greatly appreciated.

1995 is kind of a mix year, sometimes hard to predict what is on them? Wheel/lug type needs to match and use torque spec to match the combo, then good to go.

PPC Is correct. I just went though this with a set of 95 wheels for my 96

In case you were planning on buying new OEM lug nuts... find another source. They are very expensive when having to purchase 24 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom